Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

2021 Jayco 29S Chassis/Engine issues continue

Another trip with issues. Our Thanksgiving trip got cut short, but we limped home. We have a short between the gas pedal and throttle body per the code reader, and it seems we've lost more plug wire as we're missing again (already lost 2 plug wires and one spark plug in September). No Ford dealers in our area will look at it. Closest dealer that will is in Portland, OR and is 3 weeks out. Called Ford Motorhome Assistance. They said that once I can find a dealer to take it they would tow it. Jayco just gave me Ford's Motorhome assistance number (1-800-444-3311) and said there's nothing they can do. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
smrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #2

Finally after calling every Ford dealer in my area (Seattle), none of which will look at a Class A. I secured an appointment to Northside Ford in Portland. Then many more hours on hold with Ford to get them to tow it more than 35 miles (which they can if you talk to the right person). The Alante is supposed to go on a hook for 180 miles to get looked at today. That is if the second tow company has the correct equipment to do it. Yesterday's tow company that was assigned decided they couldn't do it. This has been fun!
Old 12-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Sorry to hear you're having trouble...
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #4

Thanks, it's on it's way to the shop. If anyone has to use the Ford Motorhome Assistance, they will try to get you to pay after 35 miles, but stand your ground because they do cover to the closest suitable shop that will do the repair. It's not easy, but it can be done.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #5

29f issues

I’ve had the same misfire issues on my 2020 since new. Been through many wires maybe 8 or 10. Ford performed a TSB with has improved not solved the issue. I carry a spare wire and on the occasion I get a misfire code I just replace the wire. It was 8 months between the last two issues.
Nrabel is offline   Reply With Quote