Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2022, 05:17 PM   #1

2021 jayco alante 27A

Bought our Alante with 3000 miles from dealer. Left Canada and crossed in Michigan. About 20 miles in Illinois our front windshield popped out on the passenger. Jayco wanted nothing to do with us since we were 2nd owners. Took 2 days to get a service person to set window in place and made it to California. On my way back from the Ford dealership after a planned oil change on highway 80 near Fairfield a gust of wind popped my window again. Knowing that Jayco won’t help what would you do after my next repair
Gerry55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:41 PM   #2

Wow, that is crazy but what I would do is try to find someone that do windows install, so did you buy it at a dealer? For now just try to find a window installer for now until you get back.

Welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #3

The good thing is that the first repairman did was to allow me to look at the way to work it back in place and the 2 tools I needed to buy to save a few dollars on service calls
Old 05-22-2022, 02:31 AM   #4

Do a search for rv windshield pops out. Lots of info out there.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #5

Yes I’m looking around for a long term repair but all I’m getting is reinstall or pay for new with installation with a new warranty from glass company. I’m more into getting jayco to acknowledge the problem and they won’t
Old 05-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry55 View Post
I’m more into getting jayco to acknowledge the problem and they won’t
As was mentioned it can be a problem across all brands as the caps are from a 3rd party. Since you are the 2nd owner there is no warranty, clearly spelled out in the papwork. What is there for them to acknowledge?

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS
• The Motorhome when it is used only for its intended purpose of recreational travel and
camping;
• Only the first retail purchaser;

The only mileage warranty is on the chassis from FORD.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:03 PM   #7

That its not normal that a windshield should pop out twice in 5 thousand miles without it being a manufacturing defect. Me being the second buyer doesn’t allow them to make a product of inferior quality. So if any recalls appear that put my security at risk then I should ignore them and fix them myself
Old 05-22-2022, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry55 View Post
That its not normal that a windshield should pop out twice in 5 thousand miles without it being a manufacturing defect. Me being the second buyer doesn’t allow them to make a product of inferior quality. So if any recalls appear that put my security at risk then I should ignore them and fix them myself

They didn't make the fiberglass front cap nor did they make the windshield they just put the two together. That is where the issue would be in my opinion and it would be happening to all the rigs that were made at the same time as yours.

Did it happen to the original owner too?