Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

2021 Jayco Precept Prestige

Anyone notice a difference in the floor beneath your left heel beneath the steering wheel. It feels like there are two floors that come together at this spot which creates a height difference of about 1/8 inch.
Limpin Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #2

Nope.

Maybe you have a piece of "scrap" under the vinyl flooring?

Mark
Old 07-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #3

hadn't thought of that but it is possible. Could have shifted during the drive. I will see if I can make it move by gently working at it through the laminate. Thanks
Old 07-01-2021, 11:31 AM   #4

My Precept 31 UL has an access panel there.
Parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #5

I could see that being somewhat of a need and thought of that but would it require you to cut the laminate? It seems like to access the access panel (if it were in my case) I'd have to cut the laminate...
Old 07-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #6

Mine had carpet which I replaced with flexible waterproof laminate. I can remove it easily if I need to access.
Attached Thumbnails
B0041339-4AD7-47DE-A7F1-81EEF5BABA09.jpg  
Parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:58 AM   #7

Got it Thanks
Old 07-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpin Lizard View Post
Anyone notice a difference in the floor beneath your left heel beneath the steering wheel. It feels like there are two floors that come together at this spot which creates a height difference of about 1/8 inch.
You mean under the square tray mat?
USMC0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #9

Did you check the windshield pillars for no clear coat on the full paint?
USMC0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #10

right in front of the drivers seat about where your left heel rides there is a line about 1/8" high that feels like there is a plate running from the seat to the fire wall under the steering wheel. it's not a scrap piece as it goes from the seat to fire wall then across underneath the console. Perplexing. seems like it part of the way it's put together I just never noticed it until after my first road/camping outing.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #11
Drv

Quote:
right in front of the drivers seat about where your left heel rides there is a line about 1/8" high that feels like there is a plate running from the seat to the fire wall under the steering wheel. it's not a scrap piece as it goes from the seat to fire wall then across underneath the console. Perplexing. seems like it part of the way it's put together I just never noticed it until after my first road/camping outing.

I believe it is a Ford part that that the house builders have to integrate into builds.
My guess is if you look up from your drivers side wheel well you will see a fairly large black steel panel in the area you are referencing. We had to re attach one on my parents 2014 Precept
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:34 PM   #12

That's exactly where it is and what it looks like. Could you tell if it was flush or sticking up about an 1/8 inch? Did not notice it sticking up until after the first trip out. Possible the screws loosened up a bit?
Old 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #13
Drv

Ours actually sunk down after a few trips. Poor fastener placement/lack of Fasteners allow it fall down.
Does yours seem high 1/8 on the far left side towards outer wall?
If so your may have dropped on side close to fire wall causing lift in opposite side?
You will need to get underneath and see if you can see if one side dropped and other side rose due to fastener failure or lack of fasteners.
Dog house removal may help you facilitate repair.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #14

Interesting- I was looking directly at the spot that had a rise of 1/8" not the opposite side possibly dropping. That would make more sense on the dog house side dropping. When I text my salesman about it he said they would address it when I came back in to repair a cabinet that had bad lam from the factory. I just wanted to make sure that I don't drive 4 hrs with some sort of structural issue and if it's an easy fix or even an easy temp solution til I can get it back in then I'll just make it happen. I'll take a look at it. Thanks so much for the input "Drv" I think that is probably what has happened.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #15
Drv

Quote:
Interesting- I was looking directly at the spot that had a rise of 1/8" not the opposite side possibly dropping. That would make more sense on the dog house side dropping. When I text my salesman about it he said they would address it when I came back in to repair a cabinet that had bad lam from the factory. I just wanted to make sure that I don't drive 4 hrs with some sort of structural issue and if it's an easy fix or even an easy temp solution til I can get it back in then I'll just make it happen. I'll take a look at it. Thanks so much for the input "Drv" I think that is probably what has happened.
Best of luck and hopefully its like ours with fastener issues!
Glad to help when I can. Lots of really smart people on here have helped me over past few years.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #16

Def some smart people on here. I'm use to paying it forward on Jeep forums so that's what gave me the idea to look here. Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2021, 03:05 PM   #17

Took a look over the weekend. Dog house side sets on weld in tabs. Doesn't look like it's a fastener issue. At least not from the eye angle I have from underneath. I pushed up on the floor in multiple spots to see if something had fallen and nothing seems to have moved. Perplexed.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #18
Drv

Quote:
Took a look over the weekend. Dog house side sets on weld in tabs. Doesn't look like it's a fastener issue. At least not from the eye angle I have from underneath. I pushed up on the floor in multiple spots to see if something had fallen and nothing seems to have moved. Perplexed.
Ours was 2014 with a 2013 chassis so things certainly could have changed. You may consider looking underneath at pan/plate while someone stands or otherwise puts more pressure from above to see if it moves or tabs deflect?
Its in a pretty precarious spot and it was pretty difficult for my father to push plate up to reposition due to awkwardness if I remember.

If your confident the rise wasn't there b4 then something has shifted with the plate. Can you measure from the the inside outer wall under wheel well to steel plate edge and then go inside and measure from same wall inside coach to dimension just noted to verify it is in same area of rise?
Just trying to rule in or out that the plate is culprit.

Wished it was more easily diagnosed!
Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 AM   #19

I'll have the wife step on an off of the area as I look from underneath. Good advice! Might help me visualize things better. Thanks again!!