Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #1

2021 Precept 31UL Window Noise

I have about 10000 miles on my coach and in recent trips I have been hearing extremely loud whistling/screeching from the driver side window at speeds exceeding 50mph, irrespective of weather conditions (wind, etc.). The volume and frequency are unbearable. The fixed (forward) segment appears to be the culprit and so far the only way to dampen the noise has been to drive with the sliding portion (including screen) open and reaching up to physically hold down the fixed portion from the outside. Needless to say this is not sustainable or safe, so any other solutions appreciated.
Djnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #2

I had the same issue with my unit. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a failed window seal. They replaced my entire window
Sanford Fl camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #3

Djnock,
I had the same issue with a 2020 Precept 34G.
The dealer ordered and replaced both windows and the new ones squealed worst the the originals.
Now I’m stuck with two windows that still squeal and are not installed as neatly as the originals.
After countless hours of trying to figure out how to fix them, I’ve discovered that sealing the vertical seam on the fixed window where it meets the rubber weatherstrip near where it meets the sliding window solves the issue.
I ordered black Geocel caulking, taped off the glass and weatherstrip, and applied a nice smooth bead, and it sealed the area that wind was causing that noise.
Hope this helps!!
Seacoasttileworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:10 AM   #4

Thanks for this, I will try something similar along that rear vertical edge of the fixed window. I was thinking of jamming a thin strip of plastic in that gap, but the caulk sounds more elegant.
Djnock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
precept window noise