Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #1

2021 Precept Sony Carplay

Does anyone know why my Sony Carplay abruptly stopped working while I was driving? I've had my 2021 Precept 31UL for six months. I cannot get the Carplay to display even after shutting down and restarting the motorhome.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I would try a different USB cable, make sure the phone is unlocked when you plug it in, and if that fails, I would find the fuse for the radio and pull it for a few hours which should deplete its onboard battery and reset it. You can do the same by removing the battery cable to the chassis if necessary.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:48 AM   #3

Mine worked once when I got it, and never again. Tried different cables, nothing.
RVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:18 AM   #4

Mine finally started working again after we had to have the coach batteries changed. Apparently, the radio runs off of the coach batteries and not the engine battery.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #5

Our coach has a house battery disconnect switch by the front door. When I turn that off, the Sony stereo shuts off, so I presume it's killing the power to the unit (otherwise the stereo stays on constantly). Still didn't correct it though. I'll try leaving it off for 30 minutes and see if it helps.
RVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #6

USB Cable length

We have a 21 Alante with the SONY XAV3000. Ours worked with my wife's work iphone, but not with my Note 9. I wanted to make some other changes to the radio set up.when I removed the sony head unit I found that the installation had an USB extension on the original USB from the head unit.I removed the extension and now all of our phones work with Carplay and Android Auto.
gr8scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 05:03 PM   #7

Follow Up On SONY head units.

I had mentioned in an earlier post that once I removed the extension, the Android Auto started working on my SONY XAV-AX3000.

So after winter storage, we were checking everything out on our Alante, and alas the SONY XAV-AX3000 wasn't working. I decided to just remove it and replaced it with a Pioneer AVH-2500NEX. This unit works GREAT! It comes with a USB cable, but since it has the plug on the back and is not permanently attached, I just plugged the dash unit USB cable in and viola! The Android Auto works perfectly. The unit is also just nicer to use with HD Radio and Sirius and all the other bells and whistles. I am having some problems getting a good fitting trim plate, as the SONY XAV-AX3000 one they shipped with the RV is a little small. Still fiddling with that. But functionally, this is a superior head unit.
gr8scott is offline   Reply With Quote