Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #1

2021 prestige 36h grey water tank question

Hi everyone, I have the Mira Vega control panel and I have 2 grey water tanks. The best that I can see is the kitchen sink feeds the tank at the rear of the coach and the forward grey water services the bathroom and shower. I have heard that the sensors in the tanks are notoriously not accurate. The rear tank never shows the level at anything but zero. Not surprising since I think it's just the kitchen sink that feeds that tank. On the other hand the forward tank reads 33% full even after dumping it. It seems to get to 100% very quickly. How do you flush the tank or get the sensors clean?
ianpemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:44 PM   #2

I may be wrong, I'm still learning. I thought the rear tank was for the washer and the front tank was for the kitchen sink and shower. I've been told bathroom sink goes to black tank (not sure). My gauge for my front tank shows 33% even after I dump it.
johnsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #3

This has me thinking that maybe I will hook water up to my unit and run each faucet individually and monitor the gauge to see what drains where.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:16 AM   #4

If you look in the cargo bay under the sink you can see an abs pipe that runs to the rear of the coach. I am assuming that it goes to the rear tank. We don’t have a washer but there is a space for one.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:30 PM   #5

Finally got around to testing which tank each faucet drains to. The kitchen sink, shower and bathroom sink all drain into tank #1. The clothes washer drains into tank #2. There is no overflow between the 2 tanks however you can open both grey tank valves with the main drain closed and the tanks will equalize. 2021 Precept Prestige 36h
Old 09-27-2022, 07:55 PM   #6

wow!....thanks for that piece of insight! This changes my biggest issue if the grey tank 1 filling quickly. Knowing that I can hack an overflow by leaving both dump valves open while leaving the main discharge closed will allow me more grey storage. One question tho. On the bay driver's side ahead of the wet bay the door says grey tank dump and black tank dump..inside there is a dump valve with a black handle and a dump valve with a grey handle...pretty straight forward but on the door to the wet bay there is a door sticker that says grey dump and on the inside there are two black handle dump valve handles. The first is just ahead of where you connect the drain hose. I know this is the main dump handle. The second one is to the right of the nautilus unit. Am I correct in assuming this dump handle in black is actually the dump handle for the second grey tank?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:13 PM   #7

Yes the valve to the rear of the wet bay is for grey tank #2. Also my grey tank #1 reads 33% full after dumping also. I don't think there is a way to flush the grey tanks.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:49 AM   #8

Yeah thats what I thought but since I dont have a washer on board it was difficult for me to verify.
Ian
Old 09-04-2023, 04:37 PM   #9

I usually dump when the coach is level but does anyone know what side of the coach the gray tank drains from. I.e. the drain is on the driver's side or it is on the passenger side. I was thinking of raising the opposite side of the coach to help drain the tank