Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2023, 07:32 AM   #1

2022 Alante Instant H20

My instant Hot Water is not performing accurately. The on/off lever produces hot water at a setting of 10:00 to 11:00 o’clock & and not 7:00 or 6:00. it also will only run for a minute or two. Not exactly instant or continuous. Any ideas?
JCsnowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:13 AM   #2

I see you are not getting any responses, so you might want to do a "search" for Girard water heater, or instant water heater and several "threads" should be available. On my Precept 36A, the shower controls are installed upside down (probably so the shower hose can be attached to the bottom) so the hot water comes on as soon as you move the single lever to the 11 or 10 o'clock setting as you stated. For the unit to start heating water it has to have sufficient water pressure, and that issue is discussed in several of the "threads" as mentioned. I have never had a problem with that, but it does take 30 seconds or so for hot water to start flowing and if you move the lever too far towards the cold, then the heater shuts off and you have to start the cycle over again. Some have changed out the control for a 2 knob unit like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JPS1BX6...roduct_details
Old 04-28-2023, 12:08 PM   #3

Thanks, I ‘ll check it out.
JCsnowbird is offline   Reply With Quote