Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2021, 05:53 PM   #1

26X bedroom slide seal replacement

I need to replace the outer seals on the bedroom slide. Can anyone tell me what type they are. It does not appear to be the bulb type used on the living room slide.
Rick Bitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:45 AM   #2

Ok, which outer seals are you talking about replacing? The seals that are attached to and move with the bedroom slide, or the "wiper" seals are attached to the house and do not move with the slide?
I have replaced the right/left wiper seal on our 2017 Alante 26X. The seal is available from LCI (Lippert) and the part number is 240410. The description is "EXTRSN WIPER SEAL 1.25 X 2.03 (sold by IN). The cost is $0.51 per inch.
If you need an other bedroom slide seal, you may need to furnish the slide part number, which on mine is #V000538466 (LCI Schwintec In Wall Slide System (bedroom) ).
Hope this helps...
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:43 AM   #3

It is the wiper seal I need to replace. Thank you, sounds like that is what is need to order after I measure. I know it is around 6' per side. I am assuming I will need to remove the metal strips on each side to replace, looks like a bunch of square drive screws and a couple of pop rivets to drill out.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #4

Rick, I did not have to remove any of the metal strips to replace mine, perhaps you have a different model year. When talking to LCI be sure to specify the right or the left. One is the mirror of the other as far as the clearance cutouts for the Schwintec racks.
On mine the seals have an adhesive backing that holds them in place. If yours is the same be sure to thoroughly clean the surfaces with some isopropyl alcohol.
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #5

Thanks, I was not sure with removing the torn ones on each side. It is the other wiper seal that I need to replace and Lippert does have them.