Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

31UL Radio, Bluetooth & Sideview Camera ISSUE

I drove away from my dealer, signaled left and the right side rear view camera came on. Signaled right and left camera came on. Tried to select radio station and screen went black. After my dinner appointment, with Precept turned off for an hour, the radio and rear cameras worked fine.
Next time out, my wife went to answer a Bluetooth phone call and the radio screen went black and she tried but could not get the radio to function.
Anyone have any ideas ? I'll try to call dealer tomorrow, but this is weird - - -
Reidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

It sounds like either a loose connection or a non-functioning radio. Contacting the manufacturer of the radio may get a replacement shipped directly to your location.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #3

Thanks. I believe it is the standard Jenson radio that are in the Precepts. My wife has the 31UL at a horse show this weekend, so can't tell you the radio model right now.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #4

As far as the cameras go I suspect the two cables are installed into the wrong ports left in right and right in left. Can't help you with the bluetooth issue.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #5

I don't know. The radio / camera system has worked fine for almost two years now. I better get it in before my 2 year warranty expires.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #6

I had the same problem with my mirror cameras. They worked correctly, and then they reversed. I have the JENSEN JRV215N radio. I don't know what caused the problem but solved it by switching the video inputs on the back of the radio. I moved the cable labeled 'Cam 2' to the input of the radio labeled 'Cam 3' and vice versa.

It is not a JENSEN radio problem. The trigger signal to the radio activating a camera input has somehow gotten confused. I'm still hoping someone can shed some light on how the turn signal lever causes a signal to be sent to the radio. I'm guessing there is a module under the steering column that does that.
SherpaTravels is offline   Reply With Quote