Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #1

34G propane heat uneven airflow.

I have a 2019 34G that I purchased new a little over one year ago. I live in South Florida so I hardly ever need to use the propane heater but when we Boondocked up north one time I tried to use the system. It put out plenty of nice hot air in the bedroom but almost no airflow forward of the bathroom. To be clear I’m talking about the vents along the floor. It’s still under the full warranty but if it’s something I can easily fix myself I’d like to do so as my closest dealer is over 100 miles away. I’m certain that the duct somewhere is plugged up or crushed. I’m pretty handy and do most of my own repairs if they are easy. Thanks in advance for any well appreciated advice.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #2

First off identify which vents have poor air flow. Then I would remove the heat vent covers and check to see how the tubing duct is connected at the vent. Usually they are connected with a clamp of some sort. It's possible the clamp came loose and the heat is ending up inside the space behind the cabinets. That would be the easy fix.
If all the tubing duct is connected to the vent covers OK then you probably need to check for some type of blockage. The tubing duct runs are not usually very long as the furnace is generally centrally located. Start at the furnace and check which duct runs in the direction of the vent that has no flow. Try to run a fish tape through it and you should know pretty quickly if there is an issue. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #3

I had a similar experience this past winter in New England.
Turns out, the ducting was all wadded up under the bathroom sink. Cut some out, cleaned it up and greatly improved the airflow.
ncmurf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #4

I fixed my airflow issue.

I had some time to troubleshoot my uneven airflow issue today. Removed the wooden vent cover to the right of the refrigerator. Held in place with four Phillips screws. Behind it is a metal heat distribution box that four exhaust ducts come out of. As you can see in picture number two and three the two ducts facing forward which went to the forward vents in the RV were off. Completely disconnected. I easily put them back in place and used duct tape to keep them from coming out again. They go in a certain way and then you have to rotate them to lock them in. I think they must’ve twisted to their release position and just fallen off. A very easy and quick fix. I’m sure my pantry would have gotten super hot when I used the heater, but as I mentioned above I live in South Florida and have only used the propane heater one time.
Attached Thumbnails
7563380F-3109-47F3-9141-8DBD6D2E7AAB.jpg   1F279BAE-D0ED-47F9-99C5-70ED01FF548A.jpg   F96726B2-A34C-4625-A524-635B5AE27E63.jpg  
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote