Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #1

34G suspension

Just got my 2020 34G out of the suspension shop with a 1200 dollar bill. They had to add spring support to the right side of a lean of over a inch. He said the F53 motorhomes have that issue because of heavy right side slide. Also cast, camber and toe were all off. I know I shouldn't of contacted the factory but then I would of had to wait for another appointment to open. Calling the factory today to see if they are willing to reimburse for things that I shouldn't of had to do. Has anyone had any of these issues and what did you do. Thanks
Sredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #2

Well, just got off the phone with the factory and was told the alignment and the corrections are not covered under the warranty. Asked why the dealer didn't check this before it left and was told it should of been. Disappointed with rep's decision but at least now my wife will drive it now that it is correct and safe
Old 07-10-2020, 09:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredbeard View Post
Well, just got off the phone with the factory and was told the alignment and the corrections are not covered under the warranty. Asked why the dealer didn't check this before it left and was told it should of been. Disappointed with rep's decision but at least now my wife will drive it now that it is correct and safe
I will bet if you look in your owners manual you will see a statement that says Jayco would pay for the alignment if a problem was identified during the test drive. After the test drive it on the owner.

The wording from page 53 of my Accolade owner's manual:

"NOTE: A road test by the dealer should be included as part of the pre-delivery inspection. The dealer can check for and correct any steering problems before you take delivery.

After this road test has been completed, front-end alignment and/or vibrations will not be covered as part of the new vehicle limited warranty."

I had the dealer do an alignment and wheel straightening on the Accolade and provide the invoice showing completion as part of the PDI. Turns out the alignment was done at the truck center less than 3 miles from my house.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #4

No road test with the covid. Took it to NC and back to Ma on a break in and it was very difficult to control, I'm just retired 42 years hauling hazmat tanker and have a good idea how it should be. All said life goes on and will make the best of things. Thanks for reply though
Old 07-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #5

If you had called Jayco motorized first you could have gotten an authorization to have the work done and Jayco would have reimbursed you. They have done this for dozens of Precept and Alante owners that have posted either here or on the Facebook group.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #6

I know I did it wrong, but the Email I just received from customer service manager said they don't cover alignment under warranty. Is what it is but you would think for customer relations they would be flexible with my mistake but this is a different time now. Thanks
Old 07-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredbeard View Post
I know I did it wrong, but the Email I just received from customer service manager said they don't cover alignment under warranty. Is what it is but you would think for customer relations they would be flexible with my mistake but this is a different time now. Thanks

They do cover alignments. Hundreds of people here and other forums have been reimbursed by Jayco. Stop calling the service manager at your dealer and call Jayco Motorized so you can find out the truth.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #8

I have been talking to jayco motorized service manager and all he said sorry we don't warranty alignments. I explained I understand that I should of gotten authorization first so now I learned a hard lesson