Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 09:54 PM   #1

35S Precept Televator TB

Upgraded to a TCL and in spite of thinking all was correctly connected. When I choose the OTA input and turn on the amp, beautiful picture. When I turn off the amp and choose the cable input which is HDMI coming from the selection box in the cabinet, says no signal. The streaming portion works like a charm when Wi-Fi can support it. The cable problem has me perplexed!!! The bedroom and outside TVs work fine or OTA so it has to be something I did when I installed the smart TCL on the Televator. FYI, I tried 4 other TVs before finding this one that would fit the hole and the bolt support pattern. Quite an adventure!

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:46 AM   #2

What brand of TV did you install? And does it support CATV? The reason I am asking is because Jayco installed Seiki brand TV’s in the 2016 model year Precepts and they would not work on cable because they did not have a cable tuner. Jayco replaced them under warranty.
There is a thread on this forum about this topic but I don’t know if this would be related to your issue or not. Is there a way to check it out with a home CATV system with a cable box? This is different than what you would find in a CG because those systems don’t usually require a separate box. Hope you find an easy fix.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:49 PM   #3

It’s a Sharp. If I had the diagram or knew which cable brings in the actual signal from cable, might find out what’s wrong or if it’s disconnected. One is a blue Ethernet that goes into an hdmi adapter and may be from the DVD player. There’s a coax I think is for the OTA. Can’t seem to find which brings in the cable from the connector in the wet bay. Lots of wires on the floor under the Televator. I’ll give it another look tomorrow.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote