Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #1

39 In Furrion TV not accepting remote commands

Our 2017 Precept 35S came w/39 Furrion (FEHS39L6A) in the living room and a 32 Furrion in bedroom, in addition to the outside TV which is another brand. The living room TV no longer recognizes either of the two supplied Furrion remotes, whereas both remotes operate the bedroom TV, so the remotes are not apparently the problem. The one in the living room just does not accept the remote commands.The side buttons on theTV work as expected. Both TV's have been used sporadically for the last 2.2 years. Contacted Furrion and awaiting reply. Any ideas please?

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
RWK

Not what you are looking for I'm sure, but my Furrion TV's have been horrible. Bad sound and not the easiest to use as they are not smart TV's. We had enough 6 mos ago and bought a 40 inch LG smart TV and don't regret it one bit. I will replace all the TV's eventually.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #3

How hard was it to remove the old one from the Televator and install the new one on the bracket? Any instructions with the new TV for mounting that way?

Just removed the trash drawer to reach the wall socket, unplug and waited a while to plug in again to see if reset would work, but it doesn’t.

No complaints until now and TV works otherwise great but only “manual”.

New Smart TV’s of similar size fairly priced. Regrettably counter opening/Televator height won’t allow a much larger one as we’d like.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
RWK

Mine is wall mounted on my Alante, no televator. But is has to use VESA standard mounting brackets which all modern TV companies adhere to. So you should find it compatible as long as you can find a similar sized TV. Now a days the TV exterior is smaller but the screen is bigger.

But someone with a televator will likely follow this thread and give you advice on this. I'm sure people on this forum have already changed their TV's out.
Good luck.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

Batteries??

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #6

I’ve spent some time on the televator. By lowering it to half height the top can be removed. There are four torches screws that hold the bracket onto the televator. By loosening the screws the bracket will come out and everything can be disconnected. The bracket can then be attached to a new TV, while there may be a problem with the screw lengths which can be corrected. If I have to replace it, we are looking at the Samsung series N700 40 inch ultra high definition 4K smart TV. It is 36 inches wide. This is almost the width of the hole the television comes through. However I have seen that the solid countertop is mounted on a backing board and I may be able to remove about a half inch from each side which would allow the larger Samsung to fit. There is also an HD TCL smart for about $180, compared to the $336 of the Samsung. However, it is generation three and I’d rather have something more current which TCL doesn’t presently offer. Depending on whether the remote issue can be fixed or not, we would probably buy the Samsung during Prime days. Will keep you posted.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #7

You can use a camera or your phone's camera to check the remotes. In camera mode, aim the remote at the camera lens and push a button on the remote. If the remote shows a light, it is working, no light, batteries dead or a bad remote. If your tv is not working from two different remotes, I suspect a problem with the tv. Try to find the remote sensor on the front of the tv and make sure it's not blocked by something.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #8

Definitely not the remotes as both will work the 32” in the bedroom. Will try to see if can find remote sensor in front of the TV. Anyone know where it is on this unit? Something leads me to believe a replacement TV will cost less than the repair if I can find someplace that can repair it.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #9

Lower left corner for the remote sensor on the tv.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #10

We changed our Insignia to a Samsung. Much better all around. Also put a Bose soundbar on top of the televator. The screws for the mount to Samsung were different lengths than the Insignia, but easy to change. The mount was also in a different position on the Samsung, so I held it above the hole with some firring strips and remounted the tv mount to the lift mechanism. I did have to cut out about 1/2" of the subsurface plywood so the new one would fit.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #11

My Furrion 39" went berserk and I could no longer use it.. It would change channels, change volume, change inputs all by itself, and rapidly. The little LED light which shows remote control activity was constantly flashing. I removed the batteries from the remote and put a piece of electrical tape over the IR sensor, so definitely the television was doing this all by itself.
It turned out that the manual button control pad got contamination or condensation inside and was controlling the television all by itself. It cannot be taken apart for cleaning.

I disconnected the control pad and just use the remote now.

I replaced the television with a Jensen 40" which runs from 12 volts directly.

OP: I know this seems to be the inverse problem from yours, but perhaps a constant input from the control pad is overriding the remote...
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #12

Talked to Furrion today, nice people. Seems like my ir sensor is not working and not worth repairing. I’m going to experiment tomorrow w/ an ota converter unit that should allow installing between the ota and the tv, manually turn on tv, set to channel 3-4, choose coax tv input and use the converter remote for sound and channels. It’s designed for digital to analog but may work. If not then probably a new smart 4K during Prime day. I’ve also been looking at external tuners that can do ota and cable for a similar installation as I’m planning above. Will keep you posted.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #13

Took my converter box to the MH and, after connecting it in line and choosing TV manually from the side panel as the input, I could not set the TV to the required Ch 3 or 4 as required to receive the signal from the box. Strike one. I am going to revisit w/RCA cables to try and put audio in L&R and video in and choose component and see if that will work. Want to try every option before Prime Day coming up. Sit back and enjoy the popcorn!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #14

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3643.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	51503

Name:	IMG_3644.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	51504

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	51505

Problem solved, remote on tuner works channels and volume. Connected via RCA cables. Any new purchases postponed.