Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #21

I have the 5 star tune on my Trition V10V3, it has really increased my HP, from 360 too 405, along with changing the shift points allowing the tranny to downshift at the optimum torque point of 3200 rpm, giving me much smoother downshifting (no over rev) and auto downshifting going down hills. The only thing is to NOT have the cruise control on while descending hills as it will continue to downshift trying to reduce speed to the setpoint. My MPG has stayed the same or gotten a bit better depending on terrain. I am very happy with it.
For those worried about warranty the tuner backs up your stock tune automatically before flashing the new one, allowing you to restore the stock tune in 5 minutes prior to getting any warranty work done, then re-tune afterward. I got a custom RV tune for the Trition V10 (either the V2 or V3) from them and it is special tune for towing a toad. The power difference is really noticeable, especially on hills.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #22

Happy with my 5Star tune. 2016 31ul.
edfgrf is offline   Reply With Quote