Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Alante 26X Rear View Camera Stopped Working

Just driving along and the rear view camera stopped working. It says No Video Signal. The right and left side mirror videos work normally when using turn signal. Any ideas?
Captain Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:59 PM   #2

Had the same issue on my 26x. Mine was not secured correctly under the RV and over time it got to close to the the exhaust, which melted the plastic conduit & wire inside. It was just after the headers around the catalytic converter.

The easiest way to check the camera is to remove the camera and plug it in directly to the camera switching module which is located behind the stereo/ac controls in the the front of the RV dash. This will tell you if it is the cable or camera.

If it turns out to be the cable, the cable go thru the front firewall to the engine compartment. Then follow the chassis frame to the back and comes up under the bed. Then goes back under the RV into a sheet metal box then comes up under the shower, you can see it if you remove the small 6x6 cover in the shower base (this is where the extra length of the cable is stored). From there is goes up the back wall near the left rear taillight, then up to the camera.

Tried to replace the section from the module to the bed, but didn't work as the wires are so small. I still need to order a new cable for mine. They come in various lengths up to 75' & 100'. The hard part will be the back wall. I am being hopeful as the cable is not secured in the back wall, I can pull from the camera or the shower and the cable will move several feet in each direction. Hoping I can use the old cable as a pull string.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:13 AM   #3

If it helps here is the wiring diagram for the camera controller in the dash.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csw3007_owners_manual.pdf (187.5 KB, 15 views)
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:49 PM   #4

This is Harold
Have 21 Alante 26x.
Do you carry a spare and where ?
Greetings, Harold
Hbrand is offline   Reply With Quote