Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
MJD

Alante 31R low point drain

I cannot find the low point drains. I see the sticker located in the utility center of the outside of the coach, but I cannot find the drain.to empty the freshwater tank. I know somebody out there has the answer .
Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-02-2018, 05:37 AM   #2

Have 31 ul precept. My fresh water empty is in the water compartment. Four hoses going down vertically and terminated under water compartment. On mine it's the far right hose and has an open close valve.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #3

I have a Alante31P and there are three low point drains in the utility compartment. Most forward is blue, then red, then another blue. The fresh water drain is the most forward ( or left if are looking straight at it ). I believe the other blue is a drain of the water pump?, because very little comes out of it while open, except when the water pump is on.
Good luck.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #4
MJD

Can you send me a picture of the valve ?
Old 07-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #5

I will try to post pic, but won’t be going out to RV for a few days. If your unit is like mine, there are three vertical pipes on the back wall of the “water” compartment where the Nautilus UniCentre is located. The most forward or left hand one is blue with a chrome handle on it. That is the one I turn to empty my fresh water tank. It takes forever but will drain out the fresh water. As I said before, the middle one is red with a chrome handle, and the third is another blue with same chrome valve. I keep them all turned to closed position unless draining. If your unit is different, then I’m of no help. There were no valves inside of my RV to turn, as the manual apparently states.
The hot water tank low point drain is on the other side of the rig, in the compartment next to the hot water tank. Also a chrome handled valve which when turned, allows the 7 gal hot water tank to drain.
Hope this helps you as I also was confused and trial and error seemed the only way I found put how these operate.

Bob
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
MJD

Bob,
Makes sense now and you helped solve my issue.
Have a great 4th if July!
Thanks,
Matt