Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #1

Alante 31R Ride Issues

I purchased a 2018 Alante 31R in Sept of 2018. First motorhome I have owned so still adjusting to driving it. I had a Safe-T-Plus installed on it to help with steering but when I am dricing on the highway large trucks, buses, etc push me all over the rode. I read a couple posts about upgrades people did to the suspension, springs,etc. Jayco makes a big deal about the Jay-Ride technology but not sure that makes much of a difference.

I’d appreciate anyone out there who had similar issues and what you did to correct them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Paul
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #2

Lots and lots of threads about this has already been posted here.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #3

For the "tail wagging the dog" effect from passing semi's you want a rear track bar installed.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #4

I had the same problem with my 31V. And yes, there are lots of threads on how to do fixes. I did the CHF on my factory sway bars and installed a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Made a huge difference. Many how to's on this site including pics of my fix.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #5

We also did the CHF right away and noticed a large improvement in handling. You will ALWAYS have some sway pulling/pushing from the semi's.... That is something you will need to watch for and be ready for all the time. We also try to hug the right side of the road (because right lane gives us the shoulder) and that helps if we are not right next to them as they pass.
Woldum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #6

Hi. I have a 2018 31R as well. We purchased in September of 2017. I experienced a lot of the same problems that you have and I have found a setup that works quite well. I installed the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and up front I have the Sumo Springs while in the rear I'm using Timbrens, but I went with 5400# 'bags' vice the heavier ones that come in the Timbren kit. The kit as it comes produced too rough of a ride and when I called Timbren they sent the lighter springs at no charge. I now experience much less push and sway, and overall the coach feels more stable. I couldn't be more relaxed driving with this setup. White knuckles are a thing of the past.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote