Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #1

Alante Alignment

I am going to get my Alante 31V front end aligned and have several shops that work on RV's in my area. Two say they do toe in/out and shim for caster and will charge about $300-$350 depending on shims and time. The third I talked to is a Henderson Super Steer Certified shop and will align the front including "bending the axle" for about $390-$400. This also includes aligning the rear axle. I have read that many get the axle bent with no problems but there might be a liability issue. For $50-$100 difference I think I want the front and rear aligned to each other as long as bending the axle is not a problem. Any thoughts?
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:41 AM   #2

My alignment was $150 including two caster shims. Not all units need the axle bent but nice to have a shop that does. And the rear axle alignment check too. Sounds like a no brainier to get it all checked/fixed.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Mine was $250 4 wheel alignment, my Amber was set properly, so no ending needed. Caster set at at 5 and my toe-in is 1/8” total 1/16” each.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #4

I was quoted $190 for the front and rear alignment then $100 per bend if they need to "tweek" the axle. We are leaving June 5 for a four month trip to Alaska and the midwest so I want to get this done before driving 11,000 miles. Thanks for your input, it is very helpful.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #5

Sorry for the dumb question (I am new to motorhomes)...

How would I know that the alignment is off? Do I need to have it measured or is that something you "feel" while driving?

Our new Alante 31V seems to drive quite well. With stabilizer and rear trac bar installed it runs straight and the ride is about as reasonable as I would expect for such an ancient suspension concept. What should I look for in terms of a possible alignment problem?
Jerry Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #6

Mine drives and tracks pretty well too. However, most posts recommend having it re-aligned after loading with gear, water, fuel, etc. Probably the most notable issue would be uneven tire wear if not handling. I have 11,000 miles since picking it up and plan to put on another 11,000 miles over the next four months. I guess having it aligned is precautionary on my part and may improve the handling a bit and prolong tire life.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #7

Got my alignment done yesterday and had a rear trac bar installed. Rear axle to front axle was very good. A little bit of adjustment on Toe, Camber and Caster.
Cost for alignment was $320 total including axle bending. $200 to install my trac bar, I was going to do it myself but running out of time and no good weather in the forecast for the next 7-10 days. We leave for Alaska in two weeks. In the shop now for oil/filter change and general check-up; fluids, A/C, heater. I expect better handling, ride and tire wear.