Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #1

Alante Front Overhead Bunk

I found the attached part on the floor of my RV. I believe it has come from the guide rails from the Overhead Bunk. I don't see an easy way to reattach.

Does anyone know if the bunk can be used without this part? Or an easy way to reattach? To get a dealer appointment will not be a quick and I am heading out this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
20220522_100337.jpg   20220522_100329.jpg  
Ryan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #2

Are those circular parts magnetic? Almost looks like something that Jayco would use to perhaps turn the overhead lights off up there once the bed was stowed (magnets together).

Just a guess on my part though.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:29 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Ryan,

Those are the rollers that the bed uses to align to the rail. You should be able to slide the roller up into the channel and reattach it to the bed using the bolt that should be on the floor or in the bed. Yes, you can let the bed down without it to fix it, but I would try to resolve it before you use it with folks in it. If someone is sleeping up there, all movement will be transferred to the other rail and you could damage that rail.

Look on the other side where the rail attaches and you'll see how its attached with the bolt. It will be tedius to reattach as the area is tight and an open end wrench is about all that will fit. Bear in mind, this bolt and roller keep the bed from swinging freely, so don't torque the rollers real tight, you could pull the rails out of the wall.

Mike
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:58 PM   #4

Same thing happened to me on my precept 36B. The bolt/screw was still in the bed part. I was able to put the roller in the bottom of the rail and push up and hold in place with a small rod while I screwed the bolt in the center hole of the roller.
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote