Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

Alante: Things To Check

I thought it might be nice to make a list of problems that we find in the Alante.

I found the hose going to the fresh water tank was bent so hard it was almost crimped shut. (I thought the water flow was really slow when using the pump.) This was just behind the drain tubes in the water bay. I replaced the hose with a longer section so it would not kink.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #2

We have had great luck with ours thus far, but here are a few things of note:

1. Alignment. Test drive your vehicle before purhcase. Make sure it was aligned properly before you sign papers and take delivery.

2. Entertainment. Make sure it does NOT have the JBL CP100. Trust me. Get a different unit before it leaves the lot. This was addressed in late 17, so all 18 models should be good.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #3

I second the alignment and test drive. Plus it didn't help that 4 of the tires were out of round.
twoflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #4

I also found the heat mats for the tanks were not stuck to the tanks. They were hanging pretty badly.

I think that I might ha e a tire out of round too. Had them balanced and I still have a 12Hz+/- vibration starting at 60Mph.

Did you have your tires trued up (can’t think of the proper term for that) or did you get new?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #5

Had the fresh water hose issue also, same fix. Alignment checked out right on (no charge from Les Schwabe) Front right tire out of round, replaced under warranty. TV audio/video cables on Jensen not connected. Outside TV HDMI via Ethernet cable un-shielded causing bad signal, replaced. Overhead bunk mis-wired causing jacks to retract when emergency start used (bad when slides are out) And a whole host of small stuff I fixed myself.
Tip - If you have the 3 door shower door with the latch that won't stay latched a small velcro strap and a large clamp (the one with rubber on the jaws) will silence it, mine now is silent, no more rattles.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #6

I forgot about that shower door: Before the first use, we knew we were not going to deal with cleaning those clear glass shower doors, we removed them and installed Extend-A-Shower rod and a shower curtain. I re-installed the doors in a dumpster.

Extend-A-Shower Bronze Finish - Stromberg Carlson EXT3542-ORB - Shower - Camping World
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #7

Supposedly new tires, the old ones couldn't be balanced. When new tires were installed all six of them were balanced and indexed.
twoflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote