Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2021, 05:58 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I personally have not, but quite a few folks have. Here's a ink to Mark's precept upgrade thread, very lengthy, but i linked right to the entry where he starts his insulation.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post924061
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:34 AM   #22

Workstation

I made my own workstation to fit between the front seats. It just fits my laptop and a mousepad area. I like your design and may think about trying to copy your design this winter during the off season.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4362.JPG   IMG_4363.JPG   IMG_4364.JPG  
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #23

Looks nice... I leave my workstation setup all the time, including while we drive, since my wife drives while I work. I found the table stand is somewhat loose even though its very tight, so the legs help stabilize. I used a crossbrace on the legs too which helped stabilize even further. The table swivels easily still, we just lift gently on the leg side while turning it.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
I personally have not, but quite a few folks have. Here's a ink to Mark's precept upgrade thread, very lengthy, but i linked right to the entry where he starts his insulation.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post924061
Thanks. Between you and Mark, sweet mods!

Was doing decibel checks today (Chilly SW Ohio day) and interesting enough… idle engine showed about 61db’s by the driver side floor and 54db around center of doghouse. Bought Hoodliner and Noico, will see what I can do in Florida in Dec.
Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #25

This is one mod I want to do, but have not yet gotten around to it. I'm a bit concerned about yanking the dog house out and all the stuff that entails.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #26

I just got a weBoost Drive Reach RV cell booster, you do a booster mod yet?

Will probably run down fridge vent.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #27

No I have not needed a booster to-date, but I do agree that coming down the fridge vent into the cabinet above the microwave is the easiest path. Just remove the 45-degree panel in the cabinet and drill a hole toward the bottom of that wall. Where do you plan to install the external antenna?

I did just run some new LR400 cables and an ethernet cable from the cabinet to the rear of the coach and i'm working on a mount for my telescoping antenna to mount to the bumper. The plan is to put a poynting directional antenna and a Ubiquiti Bullet WiFi bridge on the pole to pull in hard to reach 4G/5G and WiFi. More on that when its done, but should be pretty sweet setup.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #28

For now right side of ladder.

Eventually on roof with this;

Antenna Mount Nylon Ratchet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OTLDNU...HQ0DXAQZB8QV6S

See example;

#Bru_Tube

Old 12-03-2021, 04:55 PM   #29

My son and I installed the external antenna, tomorrow the internal.
Attached Thumbnails
18E10034-0B39-4F65-A28A-646F7CFD5FD1.jpg  
Old 12-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #30

[QUOTE=Alante31V;1014439]For now right side of ladder.

Eventually on roof with this;

Antenna Mount Nylon Ratchet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OTLDNU...HQ0DXAQZB8QV6S

See example;

Correct video;

https://youtu.be/3s44z3fzJsA
Old 12-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #31

Looking good!! What do you have holding your cables down to the roof with? I used Eternabond tape on mine every 18-24", now trying to decide if I should dicor over the edges of the eternabond to keep water from going into the gaps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7235.jpg   IMG_7238.jpg  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #32

Just used the zip ties/sticky pads that came with it for now.

I plan to relocate antenna once I get the ratchet.

#Bru_Tube

Old 12-08-2021, 04:18 PM   #33

Thermostat Change

I recently replaced the OEM analog Thermostats with digital ones in the hopes of making the temperature a bit more stable. The original thermostats had a prety wide swing in temp. The new thermostats are OEM equipment and easy to replace. I like the temperature setting and consistency when it comes to set point. Main drawback is the LCD display is not lit, so seeing it in the dark is impossible, so these may not stay around long. Looking at this unit but the pricing is a bit high. So in the meantime, the ones below are in place and work great, just wish they had backlit LCDs.

https://www.micro-air.com/products_e...ouchscreen.cfm
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7269.jpg   IMG_7270.jpg  
Old 12-17-2021, 07:58 AM   #34

Antenna Pole Mount Mod

In response to poor internet connectivity at our favorite campground, I started working on a telescoping antenna solution for the RV. The Cell towers are not far away but blocked by dense but short trees. Additionally, the campground has great WiFi, but its in a different part of the park just out of reach of my roof mounted Poynting 7-in-1. Wilson makes a 25' telescoping pole perfect for the situation.

I decided to I ran some LMR-400 low-loss cables and a Cat-8 Ethernet up through the fridge vent to the rear of the coach. The LMR-400 cables will hook to one of the modems in the Max Transit Duo and a Poynting directional antenna. The Ethernet will connect to the WAN port, while the other end will connect to a Ubiquiti Bullet with an omni-directional antenna. The Bullet will be in bridge/router mode and used to pick up long distance WiFi, and the Poynting will be pointed (no pun intended) to the nearest cell tower.

Perfect, but now where to store the telescoping pole and how to run cables, back to the max transit duo? I decided to have a bumper mount fabricated to hold the antenna both while stationary and in-motion, so setup and takedown is easy.

More to come, but the PDF shows the plans I sent to the fabricator. The mount will be 100% aluminum, so no worries about weather. The holder will fold over and allow the pole to sit on the bumper and be strapped down for travel, then stood up for use. Hope to get the finished mount this weekend, once I do i'll upload more pictures of the project.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7235.jpg   IMG_2998.jpg   IMG_2999.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Antenna.pdf (190.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-31-2021, 11:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
It's been my experience that it depends on the model (Alante vs Precept, etc..) and the floorplan. I can't speak to the 2020+ models and their features, but in 2019 the "JRide" was more marketing than anything else. Balanced driveshaft, jounce bumpers, etc.. do nothing for the safe handling of the rig. My particular model and floorplan required aftermarket items to make it drive safely, and I didn't mind spending the money on it. The cost compared to the change in handling was money well spent. Now if you'd have asked me if these items should come on the chassis fromthe factory, I would 100% agree with you. But since Ford has no idea how they will be loaded, they leave it to the coach manufacturer to deal with.
I will let you know in a few months when we make our way down south for a few weeks, as we will be upgrading our suspension system. Our 2021 Alante 31V is a bear to drive down the road in the wind. Kind of disappointing spending all the $$ we did and have it drive like that. Does anyone know of place in South Carolina where you can get the safe-t-plus, sumo and CHF installed? Can't seem to find anywhere here in Ontario that does these upgrades.
GordS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:45 PM   #36

Got us some SnapPads for our Alante 31V for Christmas. Not exciting but tiny mod.

https://rvsnappad.com/products/eq-octagon-4-pack

#Bru_Tube

Old 01-01-2022, 07:17 AM   #37

Hi Gord,
Safe T Plus does there own installs at the factory in Georgia, they also sell Koni shocks, not sure about Sumos. looks like theres a campground real close as well. Good luck.
https://www.safe-t-plus.com/visit-and-directions/
Pete
Old 01-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordS View Post
I will let you know in a few months when we make our way down south for a few weeks, as we will be upgrading our suspension system. Our 2021 Alante 31V is a bear to drive down the road in the wind. Kind of disappointing spending all the $$ we did and have it drive like that. Does anyone know of place in South Carolina where you can get the safe-t-plus, sumo and CHF installed? Can't seem to find anywhere here in Ontario that does these upgrades.

Gord, I would really consider a rear tracbar, like the one from supersteer. This was the best investement for the helping with stability of the rig, close second is the safe-t-plus install. Those two alone will make the rig drive much better, then from there you can consider the CHF which is just tightening the existing sway bars or if Sumo helper springs are needed, etc. I don't know of any shops in SC, but I would search for a truck shop they can do it.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:53 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Got us some SnapPads for our Alante 31V for Christmas. Not exciting but tiny mod.

https://rvsnappad.com/products/eq-octagon-4-pack

I have them too... mixed feelings on these. They protect the concrete, but being rubber they do add a tiny amount of movement to the RV when the jacks are down as they can compress with movement. All in all, not unhappy with them, but not something I am overjoyed with either..
Old 01-05-2022, 06:43 AM   #40

Before you order any snap pads make sure the bottom of your jack pads are flat, flat, flat. Two of mine had a slight warp in them and the snap pads wouldn't stay on.
2020 F150 Sport Toad
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote