Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Allante/Vision/Precept Cat6 and HDBaseT?

Fellow Allante/Vision/Precept owners, I'm wondering if anyone has put to use the Cat6 cables that are run at the factory from the main TV to the bedroom and outside TV?

Initally I was unaware of them, however I requested a satellite mounting diagram and with it I received a wiring diagram for the TV/Satellite system. Upon review I was able to determine that there are (in my 31V) two cat6 cables running from the living room TV area to the bedroom and outside TV areas. This seems like a perfect setup for HDBaseT to send my dish signal (and/or others) from my main receiver to the other TVs.

Has anyone done this or explored these cables/options? Were you aware they existed? I was able to remove my false wall where my coax amp is and found them right where they should be, so their existence is confirmed in my coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG   Capture1.JPG  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:32 AM   #2

My 2016 precept uses the cat6 cables for sending hdmi signals from the connex box to the TV's. The connex is connected to the blue ray player via HDMI cable. At each tv there is an cat6/HDMI adapter. That was my standard set up. Sometimes we unplug the blue ray HDMI cable and use a firestick for streaming at the connex input.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
My 2016 precept uses the cat6 cables for sending hdmi signals from the connex box to the TV's. The connex is connected to the blue ray player via HDMI cable. At each tv there is an cat6/HDMI adapter. That was my standard set up. Sometimes we unplug the blue ray HDMI cable and use a firestick for streaming at the connex input.

Hawkster, I thought that may be the case on the Precepts, but wasn't sure. Good to know. I think for manufacturing consistency, they ran the cables for the Allante/Vision, but did not include the box due to the price point/options.

Can you send me a picture of this connex box (both ends) and the model number if possible? I'm looking at other solutions, but if the OEM solution is available, i'd like to explore it while i'm at it.

In my setup, I just want to be able to watch my Dish in the bedroom and outside, so I was looking at an HDBaseT extender and an HDMI splitter, so I only need to use one of the cat6. This leaves the second cat 6 available for me to use for networking if desired. In the 31V, the bedroom and outside TVs are literally back to back.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #4

My 2018 Alante 26x came with a Blue-Ray player and the Connex HDMI 4 x 4 Matrix with POC (stated on the label). My Alante is in the same price point as your Vision but included the Connex Box. The model number appears to be R014MTXC5E44RPC, but believe it is OEM as the front selectors/indicators state main/bedroom/exterior/supplemental (not a standard labeling for a house). My av wiring diagram is very similar to your except I have CAT6 at all 3 TV locations (main, exterior & bedroom).

The Connex box I have has 4 HDMI inputs and 4 CAT6 outputs. I can select on the front which input goes to which TV. It can be the same or a mix, like send input #1 to 2 TV's and input #3 to another. Currently using the blue-ray that came with the rv on input A, added a chromecast on input B and an xbox on input C (for the kids ).

I currently have my Connex box out as I an putting shelving in the AV cabinet and cleaning up the wiring, attached are some pictures. Also attached is the CAT6 to HDMI adapters used at the main & exterior TV's. The bedroom tv has the wall plate converter mounted on the wall, it has the coax connection and a standard hdmi connection in one (can get a pic tomorrow if ya need).

Attached Thumbnails
connec_box.jpg   connec_adapter.jpg  
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #5

Thanks a lot Balibe. I’m unable to find these for sale on the Internet, but based on your message i’m beginning to wonder if my unit should’ve come with this device. My wiring diagram shows the hdmi amp and it’s wired as such, I just assumed they wired them the same for simplicity but that the hdmi splitter was for the precepts or above.

I guess I will be calling jay o motorized to determine if I should’ve had one of these or not. I’m guessing they’ll say i’m not supposed to, but I wouldn’t mind if another vision owner chimed in here..
Old 04-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #6

Thanks Balibe. I had the pics on phone and hadn't downsized for jayco site yet. My unit is the same as yours. I made one statement earlier that was incorrect. I just leave the blue ray and firestick plugged in since I have multiple inputs.
hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:00 AM   #7

Thanks a lot you guys... I was able to track this down, but cannot find it for sale anywhere. My guess is they only wholesale, so I may call jayco and see if I can buy it from them.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/48e7f...1b1108d5e4.pdf

Not the exact same unit, but the closest thing the manufacturer makes right now. Seems like the ones you guys have is RV specific and manufactured just for the industry, but finding them for sale is not proving to be easy.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:40 AM   #8

I would think you should have had one when you bought the coach. On Entegra's website the standard items list shows a "video selector switch". I'd give them a call and ask. Mine is sitting in my Dad's basement in NC. I'd send it to you, but I'm in Oregon right now and won't be back east until December.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #9
RWK

We plug our firestick into the aux port on the switch box and leave it there. We can then watch the firestick on all or any tv in the coach that we switch to aux.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Thanks a lot you guys... I was able to track this down, but cannot find it for sale anywhere. My guess is they only wholesale, so I may call jayco and see if I can buy it from them.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/48e7f...1b1108d5e4.pdf

Not the exact same unit, but the closest thing the manufacturer makes right now. Seems like the ones you guys have is RV specific and manufactured just for the industry, but finding them for sale is not proving to be easy.
I did some research, appears they are made by Tri-Net Technology. Connexx is a brand from Riverpark (riverparkinc.com). Riverpark is a national distributor of mobile audio products to the U.S. Recreational Vehicle Industry. They distributes major lines including but not limited to: Bose, Samsung, Sony, Harman Kardon, JBL, Pioneer and Xite Solutions North America. They are re-branding a Tri-Net product.

Tri-Net has the same model minus the ending numbers. The box looks identical, it does not have the main/bedroom/exterior labeling on the front. It also does not state to have POC (power over cable), POC supplies power from the box to the field converters.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf R014-MTX-C5E-404_Data Sheet.pdf (493.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf R014-MTX-C5E-404_S_042613.pdf (679.9 KB, 32 views)
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThompson View Post
I would think you should have had one when you bought the coach. On Entegra's website the standard items list shows a "video selector switch". I'd give them a call and ask. Mine is sitting in my Dad's basement in NC. I'd send it to you, but I'm in Oregon right now and won't be back east until December.

Thanks alot Mike.... that's very generous of you. I will take you up on that as i'm not in a huge hurry, just want that capability at some point. I didn't see it in your signature, do you have the Entegra Vision or Jayco Allante? I'm also a fairly new owner, so i'm starting to (mentally) take note of those with similar coaches. I think I may start a thread to see who's got what and where they are. I just saw a guy a couple hours from me on a different post with an identical rig.

Thanks again... I'll PM you.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWK View Post
We plug our firestick into the aux port on the switch box and leave it there. We can then watch the firestick on all or any tv in the coach that we switch to aux.

RWK, that sounds good... from what i'm seeing the general consensus is that the Jaycos come with the switch box, but the Entegras do not. Not sure why, but i'm about to call Jayco Motorized CS and ask.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
I did some research, appears they are made by Tri-Net Technology. Connexx is a brand from Riverpark (riverparkinc.com). Riverpark is a national distributor of mobile audio products to the U.S. Recreational Vehicle Industry. They distributes major lines including but not limited to: Bose, Samsung, Sony, Harman Kardon, JBL, Pioneer and Xite Solutions North America. They are re-branding a Tri-Net product.

Tri-Net has the same model minus the ending numbers. The box looks identical, it does not have the main/bedroom/exterior labeling on the front. It also does not state to have POC (power over cable), POC supplies power from the box to the field converters.

Balibe, great work!! I was unable to find these, which is unusual for me. Base don the information you sent it looks like they have active and passive receivers, so I would assume the passive do not require power, and the active ones do. Still reviewing, but wow, thank a lot!!
Old 04-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Thanks alot Mike.... that's very generous of you. I will take you up on that as i'm not in a huge hurry, just want that capability at some point. I didn't see it in your signature, do you have the Entegra Vision or Jayco Allante? I'm also a fairly new owner, so i'm starting to (mentally) take note of those with similar coaches. I think I may start a thread to see who's got what and where they are. I just saw a guy a couple hours from me on a different post with an identical rig.

Thanks again... I'll PM you.
Just sent you a PM, then saw this. We have a Precept 35S. We never used the switch box. I removed the outside TV. We never turned it on. I'm going to turn that space into an outside bar (something useful) and we use our phones and a firestick for the main TV. We have only used the bedroom TV once so we just don't need the box. You're welcome to it.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Just sent you a PM, then saw this. We have a Precept 35S. We never used the switch box. I removed the outside TV. We never turned it on. I'm going to turn that space into an outside bar (something useful) and we use our phones and a firestick for the main TV. We have only used the bedroom TV once so we just don't need the box. You're welcome to it.

Thanks Mike... I'm on with Jayco Motorized CS now.. we'll see what they say.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #16

Jayco Motorized says my Vision did not come with that box and they're only option was aftermarket, or contact my dealer to see if they can order the part numbers that the Jayco Allante/Precepts have for that device.

Looks like i'll be taking Mike up on his offer. Thanks again Mike, what a generous offer. What we need to do is camp next to each other... We can make drinks at your outside bar and watch the game on my outside TV. All we need now is someone with a nice boat... any takers?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #17

Sounds like a good plan.

Did you ask Jayco what the "video selector switch" was that's listed as a standard item on your Vision?
Old 04-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan.

Did you ask Jayco what the "video selector switch" was that's listed as a standard item on your Vision?

Not specifically, but I said the website shows its supposed to have the "video selector switch". He said, doesn't look like its on your coach.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #19

Mike,

Thanks again for your generosity. Along those lines, if you're interested, I'd like to have you as my guest here on our campsite in North Florida. We live on the Santa Fe river and took 1/3 acre of our property and turned it into a dedicated campsite for friends and family and that we also rent on AirBNB and Hipcamp. We have a private boat ramp within 150 yards, and two private parks on the crystal clear Ichectucknee river within 200 yards. Lots of great summer activities, boating, tubing, kayaking, etc...

https://www.hipcamp.com/florida/4a-r...ature-paradise

If interested, PM me and i'll block the calendar for you.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #20

Thanks for the generous offer, Mike. I'd love to do that. We'll stay in touch. Thanks again.