Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #41

We have the 40” Seiki tv outside in the entertainment center - how do you get to the mounting bracket to remove this tv? It seems flush to the wall behind it and does not pull out to make it easy to get to the mounting bracket. Some new rigs have outside tv mounts that extend and swivel which would be nice as a replacement for the cheap mount used by Jayco.
Jeff k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:58 AM   #42

Living rm tv is flush as well...had it off but not outside unit. Would be interested in whether you're able to replace with a swivel mount. Would be FAR superior to current set up. Good luck on that!
Our recent request for replacement of all 3 "junk" Seiki tvs was rejected. Hmmmm...our dealer must not have talked to the right Jayco rep.....seems it has been done for some. We're still under warranty. Wondering if we contact Jayco ourselves??
They DID agree to replace living rm as it "blacks out". Problem that we've had from beginning. We are to be reimbursed a fair amount. And will go with smart. Hoping dealer will be able to work out new mount for this one. Shouldn't have tvs that won't work on cable in a 2016 Seneca....seriously??? :-(
Sdhraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #43

Any brand TV should hold up to a RV going down the road, its not like the tubes are going to rattle loose in their sockets. My boat has 3 Sony TVs and it takes a pounding in 10 foot plus seas and never had a problem. I think the RV industry buys what ever gives the best profit.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdhraha View Post
Living rm tv is flush as well...had it off but not outside unit. Would be interested in whether you're able to replace with a swivel mount. Would be FAR superior to current set up. Good luck on that!
Our recent request for replacement of all 3 "junk" Seiki tvs was rejected. Hmmmm...our dealer must not have talked to the right Jayco rep.....seems it has been done for some. We're still under warranty. Wondering if we contact Jayco ourselves??
They DID agree to replace living rm as it "blacks out". Problem that we've had from beginning. We are to be reimbursed a fair amount. And will go with smart. Hoping dealer will be able to work out new mount for this one. Shouldn't have tvs that won't work on cable in a 2016 Seneca....seriously??? :-(
Contact Jayco Motorized Customer Service directly and explain your issue with the Seiki TV's that they won't accept digital cable programming. I replaced the TV's myself with Jayco's authorization but if you are going to have your dealer do it then Jayco needs to authorize it. You don't pay that kind of money to have TV's that don't work under all circumstances.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #45

Thanks.
Did you change out mounting in living room to accommodate new tv? Haven't purchased yet but not sure if current mount is universal or Seiki.
Sdhraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdhraha View Post
Thanks.
Did you change out mounting in living room to accommodate new tv? Haven't purchased yet but not sure if current mount is universal or Seiki.
I was able to use the same mount but I had to drill 2 holes in the vertical rails to match up the holes. I had to buy 2 new bolts to attach the TV to the mount as the old ones were the wrong diameter. I also used a jig saw to slightly widen the counter opening to more comfortably accommodate a new 40" Samsung versus the 39" Seiki.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff k View Post
We have the 40” Seiki tv outside in the entertainment center - how do you get to the mounting bracket to remove this tv? It seems flush to the wall behind it and does not pull out to make it easy to get to the mounting bracket. Some new rigs have outside tv mounts that extend and swivel which would be nice as a replacement for the cheap mount used by Jayco.
The bracket is mounted to the panel. Look on both the left and right of the TV and you'll see screws in a vertical pattern (I believe there are 3 on each side). Remove those screws and you'll be able to lift the panel out as a single assembly with the TV and mounting bracket attached. If you replace the 39" Seiki with a 40" TV it will fit just barely so that you can remount the panel and still be able to get a screwdriver or ratchet on the screw heads and reuse the same holes.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:32 AM   #48

The seiki TVs dont work in campgrounds with a digital signal. What do I need to make them work? Jayco won’t even agree its there problem. I bought my RV new in 2016.
Happyhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #49

Upgrade to a name brand TV, LG, Samsung, etc. Be careful with Visio, some models won't tune analog cable systems/