Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by falfal3 View Post
Hey JesseS, I have the same small wire with a switch attached by the upper left of the windshield, please post when fixed. I had the roof mounted "Travler" Dish network antenna installed, also I added a 19" TV on an arm by the entrance door, above sink area because when parked at a Walmart, I can't open L/R slider to see TV, pretty easy fix but that's just me, I MUST have my TV.
I have never stayed in a Walmart, but have seen rigs at the one near me, nice that they let us do that, but it can be an expensive overnight stay. The wired switch you refer to is the programming switch for the windshield shade, with it you can set the travel limits for the up/down position of the shade. Just tuck it back behind the side bolster for the windshield. My wife and I boondock a lot, and don't watch much TV, we do bring movies for the Blu-Ray player, and will catch the news when available. The roof TV antenna is very good and will pull in stations from 50 miles away. I use an iPhone app to locate local stations and their direction. We had Satellite once and didn't use it much, not a lot on TV worth watching.
Almost forgot, they (Jayco) did not plug in the TV Audio/Video out to the in-Dash entertainment system on our coach (Surprise!) so when I made some nut plates for the radio mounting screws (they attached that heavy radio into plastic!) I connected them, allows you to send the TV sound to the in-Dash Stereo and the better ceiling speakers. The TV speakers are cheap and tiny sounding.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #82

I have been looking at the alante from RVTAMPA great price for a lot would I regret buying new, new to this forum so forgive if this question has been asked! Has there been common major issues with this model, I have heard of a lot of issues on the c class
Banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
I have been looking at the alante from RVTAMPA great price for a lot would I regret buying new, new to this forum so forgive if this question has been asked! Has there been common major issues with this model, I have heard of a lot of issues on the c class
Boy, I sure hope not as we pick up our 2018 Alante 31v this week!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
I narrowed it down after looking for months , then someone today said they bought a new Greghawk and the quality was terrible and sent me a shopping list! Sorry but I am excited to get one as it hits all the marks for my family please keep us updated and I am excited for you guys!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:24 AM   #85

We have owned our 31v for 8 months now and have over 7k miles on it. We even went on a 5,300 mile round trip to California this summer. Though not without issues, we still really like the coach and continue to upgrade/mod it for our needs.

Past issues fixed by dealer:
Water leak in bedroom slide
Exterior trim loose, recaulked
Kitchen faucet spout recentered
Side rail on overhead bunk reattached to wall (was not screwed into stud)
Replaced a broken light cover above the sofa
Replaced cabinets and mirrors in bathroom since original mirrors were sliding down

Items I fixed:

Moved closet rod to center of side walls so hangars will fit
Reattached a wardrobe drawer bottom that popped off

Items I modified:
Add pull out drawers to three of the four pantry shelves
Add two cup holders to dining table
Added cup holder to each side table in bedroom
Added a folding cup holder to each wall next to the sofa
Added 2 more 12v deep cycle batteries
Added two 24v 208w solar panels and mppt charge controller with mt-50 monitor
Added a Fantastic Fan cover to bed fan and regular cover to bath fan so vents can be open in the rain
Added 2" memory foam topper to the firm bed
Added dual temp gauge to track coach and fridg temps

Items I still need to do:
Install volt meter
Swap 1800w Xantrex Inverter for the oem 1000w unit
Add 2 usb and 1 cig plug outlet mid-coach to allow phone charging and run 12v fan direct from house batteries
Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #86

hope all you Allante owners are enjoying their adventures..
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #87

Send a message via AIM to falfal3 Send a message via MSN to falfal3
Quote:
I have a 2016 Jayco Alante 26AY and have lots of things wrong, Fantastic fano pens but fan doesn't come on, hydraulic levelers don't hold pressure, am/fm radio has no antenna attached (static), XM has no antenna attached, ilght under front electric bed doesn't work and TV antenna doesn't work (no reception). Shame on me for not inspecting better.
falfal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #88

Quote:
Have ya picked up your coach
Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 AM   #89

Tomorrow!

Quote:
Have ya picked up your coach
We're picking it up tomorrow morning, and have the whole day set aside for PDI (2 to 3 hours) and allowing time for the dealer to address any issues.

Then, it's 4 days of camping the next weekend at a local state park, to shake everything out.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #90

I hope you all have a blast, please keep me updated!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #91

Out of curiosity why did you choose the alante
Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #92

Alante....

Quote:
Out of curiosity why did you choose the alante
Well, we started in the back of a pick-up truck, went to a pop-up, then to a micro-mini motorhome, travel trailer, 23" motor home, 26" motorhome, and now the Alante.

We looked at the Precept, but it just had way too much stuff that we didn't need or want. The Alante 31v was the smallest coach that we could find that had a bed that didn't fold up, lots of storage, and the TV is across from both the couch and the dinette. The outside TV is at the rear, away from the entry door, and the coach has 2 ducted air conditioners.

We camp in the south a lot, so the white color is great... it can keep the coach 15 to 20 degrees cooler than the darker colors.

All in all, it seemed just right for us. We'll see tomorrow....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #93

Well we picked up the 2018 Alante 31v today, and after a 3 hour PDI, only two issues. One was that the fridge wouldn't run on gas... but after purging the propane lines, it ran fine. The other issue was that nobody could figure out how to mount the front license plate holder. No holes or marks of any kind. Strange!

I'm going to have to figure out a way to move the drivers seat farther forward... I can just barely reach the gas pedal, and my wife can't reach at all.

When we got home and set up, the slides wouldn't go out. I had left the engine running (as I always do to give more power to the slide motors). When I turned the engine off, the slides went out fine... Is that normal?

The ride was good, just a little "wandering", and a bit rough. I'll try letting some air out of the front tires ans see if that helps.

The only things that I added were: The King Jack signal finder, tall porcelain toilet, dual Interstate deep cycle house batteries, and a thermostatically controlled ceiling hatch fan.

We LOVE the power control center!! Lets you run dual AC's on 30- amps, and tells you how many amps are being used at any given time.

And the BIG news... not one of the 3 TV's was a Furrian!! They are all Insignias (Best Buy Brand), so I don't have to change out the TV's. Happy days!

More to follow as we explore the new unit.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #94

Our Alante requires the engine to be off to move the slides. But the engine on to level the rig.

I think you need my Furrians
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #95

Great to hear not many issues ! I am itching to get one! Look forward to hear about your travels in the near future!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #96

Quote:
Well we picked up the 2018 Alante 31v today, and after a 3 hour PDI, only two issues. One was that the fridge wouldn't run on gas... but after purging the propane lines, it ran fine. The other issue was that nobody could figure out how to mount the front license plate holder. No holes or marks of any kind. Strange!

I'm going to have to figure out a way to move the drivers seat farther forward... I can just barely reach the gas pedal, and my wife can't reach at all.

When we got home and set up, the slides wouldn't go out. I had left the engine running (as I always do to give more power to the slide motors). When I turned the engine off, the slides went out fine... Is that normal?

The ride was good, just a little "wandering", and a bit rough. I'll try letting some air out of the front tires ans see if that helps.

The only things that I added were: The King Jack signal finder, tall porcelain toilet, dual Interstate deep cycle house batteries, and a thermostatically controlled ceiling hatch fan.

We LOVE the power control center!! Lets you run dual AC's on 30- amps, and tells you how many amps are being used at any given time.

And the BIG news... not one of the 3 TV's was a Furrian!! They are all Insignias (Best Buy Brand), so I don't have to change out the TV's. Happy days!

How is the bed in the front?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #97

Congrats on the new mh. If all you find are two issues in the next few months, then you need to buy a lottery ticket ASAP!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #98

Congratulations on your purchase. I love my 31V!!

Do a search on here about sliding the seat forward, easy fix.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #99

Quote:

Congratulations on the new Alante. Regarding the slide, there is a safety mechanism installed to prevent the extending or retracting the slide while the engine is turned on. It is mostly a safety feature to prevent inadvertent extending of the slide while the RV is moving. Enjoy the new RV, look forward to hearing about your adventures.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #100

Just found out about this group:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/g...+and+fans.html

Come on and join up,
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote