Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer55 View Post
We bought an Alante 32n the middle of August .. We have gone on one over night and several long day trips.. because our RV has been in the shop..
Back up camera.. never worked.. still not fixed...wind shield wipers flipped out the first rain we had..topper over a slide out.. won’t go back in..some kind of leak in the bedroom..shower handle broke first day..drawers have several broken slides..hanging bedroom door.. falling from ceiling.. at this point not a single thing has been fixed.. my husband is looking into how to just fix it all himself..
Sorry to hear that, but I have had some of the same issues, but I am lucky in that being a Mechanic for many years I am able to fix most things myself as long as it does not require special tools or test equipment. Sounds like you don't have a very responsive or reliable Dealer, that's the first thing you need, a dealer with a good service department, or a good RV repair shop. Good luck on getting it all fixed.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:24 PM   #142

Same problem with my they to take wall out to put support back in shower floor they forgot on assembly line stuck $2500 in steering and is still not right had water running out door on RV from no clamp on peck line now it's going to be five months before they can get it in to fix it
DDailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #143

Ditto on Precept 31UL. I recently had folks, in a Michigan campground, tell me they didn't know Jayco made class A models. Almost bought a FR3. I think we'll be seeing a lot more Jayco Alante/Precept on the road.
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #144

I must really be lucky, (knock on wood). My rig has been awesome so far. Everything works. My only real issue is driving it on the highway. Getting close to big trucks can be nerve racking, but as long as I relax a bit, all seems to be just fine.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #145

I agree, my Alante has been mostly problem free. We have learned a lot over our last year of ownership. It does help if you are reasonable handy. I think many owners get frustrated over minor issues and adjustments that can easily fixed yourself at no cost. The driving is just a matter of getting used to it. The passing trucks are scary but manageable. We plan on making a few suspension upgrades this coming spring. The Alante is definitely an entry level class A, but I have not seen anything better for the money. All you have to do is to surf the internet to hear tales of woe from owners of almost every kind of motorhome out there. With that in mind I feel very fortunate that ours has been so problem free.
Gerry1078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #146

waiting on a repair date to take my rig into jayco
so much to be fixed and the nystate dealer doesnt even fix over half of the problems
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #147

Well, after 2 years on the road we have had a trouble free few months, hope it continues. I am just hoping I finally got all of the gremlins chased down and banished. Last trip was 2000 miles and everything was great. I did remove the glass shower doors and install a extend-a-shower rod and curtain. Got tired of the noise the doors made bouncing around on the track.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #148

We are coming up on 18 months with the Alante 31L. The CHF and steering stabilizer made a big difference in the handling. Still relatively problem free. A few loose screws and minor adjustments that I was able to fix myself. The worst thing that happened was when the heater stopped working on a cold three day trip. I thought I was going to have to take it into the dealer but decided to problem solve it myself. I discovered that the circuit board was wet! After drying it out everything worked fine. I found that the ventilation louvers seem to be upside down letting rain in on the electronics. Seems to be a design flaw as there is no way to reverse the louvers. I put in a small metal shield to protect the electronics from the rain. The rain has to be coming sideways to get in, but it can happen especially when driving. Once the board gets wet it has to be removed and dried with a towel.
Overall the coach has been great, I don't think you will find a better one for the money.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:14 AM   #149

Gerry1078. I found out in humid Florida that the tray behind the fridge (outside) that catches condensation will overflow. This drips down and passes in a gap to the heater. My board was wet also. I bypassed the drip pan and made a hose extension to outside the louvered cover. I also made a dam of silicone under the fridge outside opening so any condensation would not travel in the gap between fridge and heater.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:28 AM   #150

We just did our maiden voyage in our 2018 Alante 26X. We just downsized from a Diesel Pusher, so yes, I missed my air ride suspension, air brakes, exhaust brake and the torque from that Diesel Engine when going up hills, but I knew that going into this deal.

Overall I am pleased with the coach; yes I do have a list of things that need to be handled by my dealer. My List: Bed Slide needs a minor adjustment, a small plastic track in one of the windows is cracked, one headlight is out and a bulb did not fix it, my dash lights are out, the front tires are out of round or balance at any speed over 60 MPH and the wooden brackets that hold two drawers under the wardrobe has dropped. I believe each of these are minor issues that can be corrected easily and expect complete satisfaction... and yes I am an optimist at this point. I already have an appointment with my dealer and they have performed very well on two previous occasions, different RVs.

I am planning to add a Safe T Steer and do the CHF with a local Alinement Shop that I have used in my Commercial Vehicles for several years. I did not notice handling difficulty when passed by large trucks, but did notice handling problems with direct side winds at highway speeds.

I will up date my status as each of these issues are corrected. JH
micp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #151
MJD

2018 31r

Rear A/C...did only blew warm air was not wired correctly.
Kitchen Table....kept lowering with minimal amount of pressure.
Rear Slide.....molding was way too long and dragged when extended.
Bedroom...window is only an emergency window
Bedroom Blinds do not function properly.
Rear tail lights taking on water

Service tech unrelated to Jayco was able to fix most issues. Jayco is dragging their feet on replacing the blinds and tail light. He said the craftsmanship is low budget and most of the work appears rushed. Of course we were frustrated and disappointed. Brand new RV, upgraded from a used Thor Four Winds which had little service issues. This MH has spent more time in service than on campground.
Yes the 2 year Warranty is in play, but Jayco’s attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Hoping for Better days to come,
Matt
Old 11-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #152

Thumbs down J-ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
Curious to hear about the poor quality ride and handling, at least in stock form, especially since Jayco touts the "J-Ride" as a signature feature of their motorhomes. My experience with my Precept 29UM ride and handling has been outstanding on the 18,000 lb Ford F53 chassis, but I have read of Precept 31UL owners, also on the 18,000 lb chassis, report poor quality ride and handling. Now with full fuel, my Precept still has 2,009 lbs of additional weight capacity, so even with a full 70 gallon water tank, it is still 1,500 lbs under the GVWR. The Alante 26Y is built on the 16,000 lb F53, so I'm wondering how far under GVWR it is with full fuel? Concerning the quality control, I have heard consistently that all of the manufacturers lack it. I have had great luck with my Precept so far (12,000 miles and 11 months), but read about another 29UM owner here that has not been as fortunate. Hopefully for you though, it's all just "small stuff" and after upgrading your suspension, you'll have years of good service and performance out of your Alante. I am fortunate to have an awesome dealer just 1.5 miles from my house. In fact, they are replacing my front AC unit and fixing some very minor issues right now.
When I bought my Alante 20S I had no idea what the J- ride was but it sounded good. Driving to Florida, then to Maine I figured It stood for Junky. The Alante bounced around from even small disturbances on the road.
I brought the RV into a shop that specialized in springs, shocks, etc. I was told how terrible the spring and shock segments were but could be replaced for $6000 to $7000. Well can’t afford that so looks like I’m stuck!
GerryWaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:43 PM   #153

We added Sumo Springs and rear trackbar, it now drives much nicer. Don't even feel the trucks when they go by. Total cost parts and labor $2500. Well worth the costs. We also have a steering stabilizer and have performed the CHF. All of the work could have been DIY if you have the time saving about half of the cost.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:36 PM   #154

Does anyone know the difference between the Jride, Jride Plus, and Jride Premium? The website doesn't really clarify it.
Esqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:51 PM   #155

We just brought out 2021 Alante 32v home last week It’s our first motorhome after owning fifth wheels for years I have to say there are things I like znd things I don’t our last fiver was a jayco eagle and I feel it had more higher end finishes than the Alante does I think overall the quality is there The dealer said the roof is one of the best hes ever seen but things like the nightstands are just a waste and we will be building new ones Also the blinds are just vinyl roller blinds Where I guess I’m used to the accordion day night shades Just a few little finishes I feel they cut corners oh also the compartment where the hook ups are all contained has no floor in it I’m sure there’s a reason but stuff gets ver dirty Just my opinion
DebGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #156

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebGot View Post
oh also the compartment where the hook ups are all contained has no floor in it I’m sure there’s a reason but stuff gets ver dirty Just my opinion
I assume you're talking about the grey and black water hookup? Aside form that and the propane bay, everything else has floors. I like the fact that the waste-water hookup is in its own bay and not in the wet bay. I can keep my hose in the bumper and I mounted my 90 on the back of the mud flap, so nothing for waste-water is in my wet bay, so contamination is less likely. The fact that it doesn't have a floor is also something I like, since any type of leak would be an absolute mess to clean up in an enclosed area, just my $.02.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #157

Good point I figured there was a reason Lol And that makes sense Like I said we just got it and haven’t used it yet except to load it and sit in it It’s a big change and I’m hoping we like it If we don’t I guess we will trade it it’s Definately an entry level rig Where we live there are very few motor home dealers so we are limited
Old 05-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #158

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
It's a change and all change takes some getting used to, but i think you'll like it. Yea you went from a high-end 5er to an entry level gas A, you're going to notice some differences in the fit and finish. I think overall its a good value considering what you get for the price and the fact that an F-250 could set you back about 65K these days.

I like the size and maneuverability of the 31V as we stay almost exclusively in state parks. I also like the 30amp electrical which affords me more site availability in older parks. I wil say that it was a handfull to drive until I did the rear trac-bar and steering stabilizer. Made a huge difference in the handling, highly recommend along with proper tire inflation and alignment check.

I really like my 31V and we spend a good bit of time in it. I'm in it now camping in St. Augustine, FL. I work from the RV when we are out and about and the wife gets to relax and go to the beach.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5996.jpg   RV & Toad.jpg  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #159

Good to know lol I need lots of encouragement everyone says to put the rear stabilizer and steering stuff on it so we will have to look into it We have an F250 diesel that we used to pull the fifth wheel and my husband said he’s keeping it for now just in case lol
Old 05-13-2021, 02:11 PM   #160

Btw I love st Augustine We are in Canada and are still locked down can’t go anywhere