Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2021, 07:01 PM   #1

Auto Leveling Alante 27A

Hey guys!

So we had the both Recalls completed on our 2021 Alante 27A. (Heat Sheild Insulation & Overheating Ford recall) Also I mentioned we had a leaking jack for the leveling of the RV. Of course they couldn't duplicate the problem. Just got back from a 300 mile trip and the jack leaked every time I used it. Also at some camp sites the Auto Level will raise the front wheels off the ground. Is that ok? Some people I speak with say no and some say yes. I have noticed when the wheels are off the ground the RV will definitely sway. The Auto Level does not indicate an excessive slope warning and the sites we stay at are not the severely sloped. What is the deal??? Thank you for your insight
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0946.jpg   IMG_9937.jpg  
RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #2

Hi,
Same make, model and year here. I have'nt heard of the 2 recalls you mention. Mine has been in for the spark plug issue and rear axle fluid.
My driveway is'nt very level and have trouble in certain spots getting the "excessive slope"
When it levels in ok i've seen rear tires an inch or so off ground, i do feel some sway as well.
Does'nt seem to be an issue with me
Old 08-16-2021, 11:11 AM   #3

There is 2 recalls and they were posted on this site a few months ago. Check with your dealer or with Jayco. Maybe your model was completed at the factory. I have heard about the spark plug issue and thank god we haven't had any issues. What's the rear axle fluid issue?
RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:17 AM   #4

Be wary of your rear tires off the ground; your parking brake is for the rear tires. If you're not chocking the front tires at least, you should consider grabbing some nice heavy duty ones.

As to the tires off the ground, many of us (myself included) will roll our rigs up on blocks even if we have levelers. I will block level till I'm close, and let my levelers fine tune me to where I want to be. Often times I will block under my levelers too so that they don't need to extend a great deal.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote