Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2019, 04:41 AM   #21

I have a new Vizio tv. The last few times out i could not get any stations off just the antenna. Plugged into cable and fine although all the pictures were a little blurry no HD I'm guessing.
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegray View Post
Last time out I paid the guy $20 next door to back it in for me after 3 unsuccessful tries by me. Space was tight so it was worth it.
Mike
Geez, I have been doing that for free after watching many fruitless attempts. Also aligning direct tv dishes for free. Maybe I should start charging! LOL

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

The good thing is, scorch marks will buff right out!

I have my truck scheduled at a detailer next month when we get home. I can just picture the conversation. ........Hey, where did you drive through fire? LOL
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:13 AM   #24

It’s easier to replace the TV then complain about it.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:47 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Wouldn't life be simpler if more people thought like that.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:08 AM   #26

Jayco told HappyHowie they know nothing about TV's not working when I'm sure he wasn't the 1st person to call them with this problem. I believe Howie when he says there were others on this site that had their TV's replaced for the same issue. So you say you wouldn't expect anything from Jayco Mr.. Spoon, and I myself wouldn't expect much, but I ABSOLUTELY WOULD expect the truth. I don't feel like that's asking very much at all either....
SirFunkALotFunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFunkALotFunkenstein View Post
Jayco told HappyHowie they know nothing about TV's not working when I'm sure he wasn't the 1st person to call them with this problem. I believe Howie when he says there were others on this site that had their TV's replaced for the same issue. So you say you wouldn't expect anything from Jayco Mr.. Spoon, and I myself wouldn't expect much, but I ABSOLUTELY WOULD expect the truth. I don't feel like that's asking very much at all either....
First post... interesting.

In the case of the OP's television, it sounds like it works as designed. There was nothing wrong with it, so why should it be replaced or why would Jayco say there is a problem with it?

We don't know what was wrong with the other TV's that OP claims were replaced.
Maybe they were legitimately broken.
Maybe they were within the 2 year warranty period.
Maybe the one person that OP spoke with legitimately didn't know of the issue with other TVs. If 5 people on this forum had TVs replaced for various reasons in the last 3 years, our of hundreds of thousands of campers sold by Jayco and/or Thor Industries, that's not a large share. You assume that every single employee in Jayco knows about every single issue with a Jayco in the past 4 years? That's insane. I work in a office with less than 150 employees. I don't have a clue what they are doing on a daily basis, I struggle to know the majority of what my 15 employees are doing on a daily basis.

Again, I think the OP is making a huge issue out of a non issue. Digital LED TVs are around $200 at Walmart/Costco/Best Buy/Amazon/Target right now. I would have simply replaced the TV if it was that big of a deal.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Jayco told HappyHowie they know nothing about TV's not working when I'm sure he wasn't the 1st person to call them with this problem.
The Service Rep he talked to said that. Not every person there has dealt with every problem that has been encountered. You can get a different response talking to two different service writers at a dealership. Also as the original poster admitted he was past the warranty period.

As has been mentioned there was nothing wrong with the TV it was the fact that the technology delivering the signal changed. FT WILDERNESS went through the exact same scenario. They had to provide digital converters to many of the guests after DIRECT TV (WDW's provider) switched to a digital signal as there were multiple TV's in many different brand RV's that wouldn't work. It was so frequent that they actually ran out of converters at times to loan out. They may still be providing them as far as I know.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #29
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Exactly what I was thinking too, since the OP is outside of warranty period.

I added a 32" Vizio SMART TV in the rear of the coach, picked up at Costco for $100. This is what the OP should do..

Will save him tons in blood pressure medication.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #30

Quote:
I believe he has a perceived issue. However there is a lot missing from that OP. Several questions were raised by members here but not answered. I'm still not clear on the exact issue, so how can it be said that others had replacements for the same issue? If the same sort of ambiguity was used with the Jayco phone call as the OP then it's no surprise they couldn't or would not help him.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #31
Site Team

Many of us had the same thing happen when the signals changed from analog to digital. All the commercial tv stations had to also bear the cost of new transmitters and the government bore the cost of a converter for anyone that asked for one. We all went thru that when camping at cg’s with the old analog equipment on their cable systems.

We bought a new set and moved on.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #32

TV's are cheap now-days. My 2016 Jayco had a couple of Furion that were junk. So I put a smart TV (Vizio) in my living area and a Samsung with DVD player in my bedroom. Total cost was ZERO since my Samsung is one I had in a guest room in the house and the Vizio was a freebie with the purchase of a new refer for the house. Even so, a couple hundred bucks buys a lot better TV's. The Furion's are in storage for when I sell or trade my Jayco off.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I have my truck scheduled at a detailer next month when we get home. I can just picture the conversation. ........Hey, where did you drive through fire? LOL
Much better your detail guy...than your insurance guy! "Uh..you're not gonna believe this, but...…..!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #34
Site Team

https://youtu.be/Ffs4gSJjjV4
Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #35

I'd be a RICH woman if I would have charged every time I jumped in and HELPED a fellow camper in a dilemma. What really aggravates me is when the woman is giving directions, and the poor driver can't see her....it is obvious that she is BEHIND the RV, not along side of it. DUMBOS!
goldenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I believe he has a perceived issue. However there is a lot missing from that OP. Several questions were raised by members here but not answered. I'm still not clear on the exact issue, so how can it be said that others had replacements for the same issue? If the same sort of ambiguity was used with the Jayco phone call as the OP then it's no surprise they couldn't or would not help him.
Post #14 outlines the problem. I took a hard stance towards Jayco in 2017 for installing cheap low cost TV’s in a $100k plus coach. There are expectations when you decide to spend 6 figures on a Motorhome and discover that the three TV’s are purchased for under $500 in bulk and are not compatible with U.S. cable standards. As time moves forward analog cable will be history and not having analog tuners for cable systems will become a moot point. Two years ago it was a huge issue for me. I replaced my seiki tv’s and Jayco reimbursed at 100% of the cost. We ended up taking a tour of the motorized plant in Middlebury and meeting the CS Manager who approved the replacement.

Howie’s problem is having expectations of warranty service after the warranty period expires and that will never happen with most manufacturers. There are exceptions of course but they are few and very far between and usually require the assistance from a third party.

Tags
35s, custom service, seiki tvs