Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #1

Beware of Jayco

Just got off the phone with Jayco Customer service and what a disappointment. Bought a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept with Seiki TVs. The TVs don't work in any of the RV parks that I have been too. Jayco says they dont know anything about it. Turns out that they have replaced TVs for multiple people on this site. They do know about the Seiki TVs that have no tuner in them. I spent over 100k on a motor home that the TV's don't work where I use my motor home and Jayco refuses to make it right.
I will replace the TVs myself and never do business with Jayco again

Happyhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #2

It’s a 2016 so have you had it for 3 years now? You didn’t mention warranty.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhowie View Post
Bought a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept with Seiki TVs. The TVs don't work in any of the RV parks that I have been too.
Sorry, but your post is very vague. Coming to a forum with a rant that doesn't have much detail isn't going to help you very much. Also, did it take you 3 years to discover this?

Do the TVs work at home? Where are these locations? Many areas do not have good reception. It may be something more needs to be done to pull in stations.

EDIT: I just looked this up. Odd that Seiki TVs didn't come with QAM Tuners. You could simply get a conversion box. Bit of a pain, or you could replace them with better quality TVs.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #4

Quote:
They do know about the Seiki TVs that have no tuner in them.
Many cable providers did not go "ALL DIGITAL" until 2018, SPECTRUM is one (Formerly TIME WARNER or BRIGHT HOUSE) the TV that was put in your MH would have worked fine had the way the RV parks provide their cable signal not changed. The quote below is from March 2018.

Lately, many of the communities in our area have been getting letters from Spectrum (previously Time Warner, one of the two principle cable providers in our area) about an impending change of service. The letter reads (in part): “To deliver even more value to you, we are converting your TV service to a 100-percent digital format. You will be required to have a digital receiver on each TV in your home by (date varies).

So how is it JAYCO's fault?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #5

Believe me when I say I'm not a Jayco fanboy. I like my Jayco, and accept it for what it is. And isn't.

But, HappyHowie, you just made your first post a slight incoherent rant. Get a grip, already.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #6

I have had the motor home for 2.5 years. This is my first motor home. Most of the camping I do is boondocking. The TVs work fine over the air. When I took it to a RV park that is when I found out that they didn't work on cable. Called dealer and they said to turn off booster. Next time I went to park I turned off the booster, still no cable. Went online and found problem. Seiki TVs don't have a CATV tuner in them. I guess I expected Jayco to make it right.
Happyhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Seiki TVs don't have a CATV tuner in them. I guess I expected Jayco to make it right.
They may not have a "DIGITAL" turner in them. As I posted above the switch to all digital was not until 2018 in most cases. Prior to that the CATV signal in RV parks was analog and they would have worked fine.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #8

Is there a model # on these TVs?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #9

Are you switching your input cable to the correct outlet for the cable TV instead of the antenna? In every RV I've owned, the antenna jack and cable TV are different.
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56
Andersen WD

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Seiki TVs don't have a CATV tuner in them. I guess I expected Jayco to make it right.
I'm not sure where to start.

#1 Its been 3.5 years, against a 2 year warranty. I wouldn't have expected anything from Jayco
#2 Its an issue with Seiki, the manufacturer of the TV, not Jayco. I wouldn't have expected anything from Jayco.
#3 Its not broken, it is just a feature that this particular television doesn't offer. I wouldn't have expected anything from Jayco.
#4 You can either buy a digital tuner you can add yourself or simply add a streaming device (Roku, Firestick, etc). I wouldn't have expected anything from Jayco.
#5 At some point, the consumer has to do at least a little research and know what they are buying and accept responsibility for their decision. My Jayflight has a small water heater, but its perfectly fine for 2 quick consecutive showers. Shame on me if I bought it, used it for 3.5 years and then started to complain that I can't fill up my portable jacuzzi with it. It was designed for a specific purpose, and it works for that purpose. I wouldn't have expected anything from Jayco.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35s, custom service, seiki tvs