Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2019, 12:52 PM   #1

Broken Running Lights

Good Afternoon,

Just uncovered and noticed that two of the front, top, running lights are missing their orange covers. The lights still work. Does anyone have info on where to get replacement covers? Attached photos to show
Attached Thumbnails
light.jpg   light 1.jpg   light 2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #2

I ordered mine through a dealer. Jayco will not sell directly to the consumer. Part number is 0277614. Order a couple of spares.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #3

Camping world and most other RV sales outlets will carry the replacement lens.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #4

The lenses are "supposedly" non replaceable. Of course, if they were permanent I would not have had to replace 2 lights already. The new ones do not appear to have a replaceable lens.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM   #5

I've lost a few.. not sure to what, but I bought these and they are an exact replacement on my Alante.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, they can be a little tricky to get out sometimes and when you install the new put the rubber in place first with the wires fed through it and then press the 'bulb' into the rubber sleeve. Seems like common sense to write it out, but the first time I installed I tried to push it all in at the same time and it wouldn't fit.... needs to go in order to seal correctly.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #6

Great find, Charles. Thanks for the link. They have a pack of 10 amber ones I stuck in my cart. That's a good price, too
Old 04-03-2019, 06:51 AM   #7

Having just replaced one of those, I can tell you its a PITA. At least the far drivers side was. I had to lower the loft bed, remove the drivers side speaker to get access and then be a contortionist in order to rewire the new LED marker light. And Jayco didnt leave any service loop/slack so I ended up having to add an extension since the LED replacemnt wires arent very long. Good luck crimping!! A headlamp helped during this process a lot.
mgmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #8

I had a similar experience, but I didn't end up working from the inside. The replacement lights had a few inches of "tail" on them so what I did was pull the old light out as far as possible - which wasn't much. I cut the wires going in to the old light as close to the old light as possible. Finally I spliced the "tail" from the new light in to the wires from the old light.

If I had to do it again I would cut and splice one wire at a time, using the old light as an anchor to ensure I didn't 'lose' the original wires - which I almost did and that would have required working from the inside. Jayco did not leave any slack and there is very little consistency so I'm sure there are some with more or less slack than what I had, but with a little patience its a relatively pain free job.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #9

I just replaced one myself. I never even considered trying to replace from the inside! I did mine from the roof. Hanging over the edge wasn't too bad. I agree with Charles, I had the same issue, finally I figured out that the rubber gasket goes in first then feed the wire and light bulb in last. Also Charles I agree splicing the wires one at a time is a great idea.
beachvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #10

For some reason my light would not come out easily and in the process the connecting wires from the coach are inside the coach. Any thoughts?
Old 04-14-2019, 02:43 PM   #11

how did you get them out?
Old 04-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #12

If you are asking me, my wires were still attached to the broken bulb when I pulled it out from the outside.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #13

thanks... I was not so fortunate.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #14

One other person was able to get to his lights from the inside. He removed the speaker. I noticed your lights are the ones on the ends. Do you think you can reach them from the inside? or at least be able to get the wires out and attach longer wires and fish them up to the holes where the lights belong? fizikpal good luck.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #15

light

Well I have a plan for the lights.

I can get to them...barely... through the speakers mounted above the driver and passenger seats and by removing some trim in the upper most corners in the front.

My plan is to solder on longer wires to the lights and then use quick connect fittings to attach them to the existing wires. We'll see how that goes.