Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2020, 07:57 AM   #1

Cable tv

First time out to a campground with cable hookup and can’t get tv to work on cable. Turn the green light to off did channel search and nothing. TVs work on antenna do the switch and nothing. Any clues thanks
Deburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #2

Did you switch the tv input from antenna to cable before scanning?
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #3

What brand TV? Did you switch to cable input? Some do not have built in digital cable tuners so it also depends on the park's cable system.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #4

Yes did all that I just ran the campground cable directly to the outside tv did the scan and have cable with a direct hookup
Old 08-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #5

Some of the rigs have a wire that needs to be moved near the ant switch. You may want to add what unit you have to get a better response.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #6

2020 Alante 29s
Old 08-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #7

OK - I responded to another thread with a similar problem: In my case, the "Satellite" and "Cable" connections in the wet bay were reversed. Flipped them and problem solved.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the response I did do that and that didn’t do it I know it’s something dumb because our friends next to us are having the same problem. And my two sons with travel trailers have there cable working with the old setup I use to have
Old 08-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deburn View Post
First time out to a campground with cable hookup and can’t get tv to work on cable. Turn the green light to off did channel search and nothing. TVs work on antenna do the switch and nothing. Any clues thanks
I feel your pain. I would suggest a process of elimination.

1. Run a coax from the park utility pedestal right through the front door, across the floor, and attach it directly to the TV. This bypasses all RV wiring. Make sure your TV settings are correctly using the coax input as the source. If this doesn't work, then...

2. I wonder if you need a cable decoder box. I've only used a park's cable TV once, and the park provided a box which had to be used. A cable box, if used, may have an HDMI outlet which would give you better resolution and sound than coax, anyway. Again, check your TV settings to ensure you're using coax or HDMI, as applicable, as the source. If this isn't the problem, it sounds like an issue with the park's cable service.

3. If you have success with either 1 or 2, it's a matter of figuring out how your rig is wired and connect via the right ports. Jayco did me no favors with that. The manual says nothing about cable runs. I had to use a tone generator to figure it out. I have three coax input ports in the basement (SAT, CABLE and AUX), two coax outlets at the LR TV (no markings), and two coax outlets at the BR TV (marked incorrectly). The AUX input runs to one LR outlet. The roof aerial runs to the second LR outlet, apparently through the built-in signal booster (push-button with green LED). The SAT input runs to one outlet in the BR. All other ports seem to be unused.
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #10

This may sound like a dumb suggestion, but it happened to me. Make sure you have a good tight connection where the coax plugs into the RV. I thought I’d tightened mine good, but After checking it, I found it was actually loose and needed further tightening to make a good connection. That solved it.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:33 AM   #11

I ran the cable directly to outside tv and the setup is right(got to watch the race lol) don’t need a decoder box and we did go around and tighten all the connections.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:50 AM   #12

If the neighbor's having same issue, then maybe it's the CG cable that's not working?

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgissteele View Post
If the neighbor's having same issue, then maybe it's the CG cable that's not working?
If it worked hooked up to the outside TV it can’t be the CG cable. Seems it has to be inside the RV.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #14

I just got my coach back from the dealer for warranty work. One of the issues was that cable didn't work unless I ran it directly from the outside source to the tv.
The dealer had to run a whole new cable thru the coach because somewhere along the line it was disconnected. Hopefully it will work now.
johnharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #15

That’s what I’ll be doing this week calling them
Old 08-31-2020, 03:48 PM   #16

I had the same problem with the no cable in my Precept 31UL. Took it to my dealer and he found the cable wires in the cabinet area above the dinette were too short and never connected. He was able to fix the cable and I told him to deal with the SAT connection later as part of the cabinet wall will have to be opened.
ladder16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:48 PM   #17

Took my cover hiding all the wires what a mess found one that is not connected don’t know where it goes. Took a picture but don’t know how to upload it to here
Old 08-31-2020, 05:08 PM   #18
CAG

Quote:
Took my cover hiding all the wires what a mess found one that is not connected don’t know where it goes. Took a picture but don’t know how to upload it to here

At the bottom of the "quick post" is a "go advanced" button. click that and it opens a menu that contains "manage attachments" you have to go into that area, upload you photo and then post. I think there may be a minimum number of posts you have to have before it will allow you to post photos.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:

This is likely the one for the Satellite from the wet bay. Have you removed the cable TV/Antenna plate with the boost button? i would pull it and make sure the cable is attached to the back up it properly. You may find its not attached.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #20

We just picked up our 2021 Precept 34G, same problem. I removed the outlet cover, in the cabinet to right of the TV. The connector for Cable and Satellite are both not connected. The only one connected is the antennae. With the number of complaints about this issue, this shows there is NO quality controls in place at the factory. This is my 3rd Jayco, one Eagle and one North Point and had very few problems. The number of simple things that are skipped at the factory is appalling. People pay good money for these coaches, only to find there is no checks to ensure all of the items are working. It is going in for Warranty work in January and this is on the list.
Other items to check:
1. AC vents, there is little to no airflow from over 1/2 of the vents
2. Lights under the dropdown bunk don't work.
3. Speakers in ceiling do not work with Television
4. Water lines reversed in Shower, cold is hot and hot is cold.
ArneyJ is offline   Reply With Quote