Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2021, 04:20 AM   #1

Cable tv

2022 Precept 31ul , location of cable tv connection from camp ground ? , is there a matrix switch box ? Thank you
rgagnon544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:24 AM   #2

Look in the wet bay - upper right side of the control panel. There are a couple of connections; one for cable and the other for satellite. As an aside, mine (2020 model) were reversed! Had to swap the connections to receive cable signal.

Oh, and be sure the switch on the antenna amp connection above the main TV is off - green light will let you know when it's on.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:40 AM   #3

Cable tv

My cables were swapped in the wet bay (grey with yellow tape in Cable and black in Sattelite) and not connected to the back of the TV amp outlet. They were just loose behind the panel.
USNA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:29 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Once connected, make sure to turn off the Antenna amplifier, on the wall plate where the cable comes out of the wall to the TV.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #5

Cable TV

Help!
I’ve tried using the cable and satellite connection in the wet bay. Tried scanning channels, with antenna power button on and off. Tried scanning channels from cable/satellite box, antenna and cable from wall. I can’t get any cable to work. I’m at a loss! Any ideas???
Thanks
m16303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #6

Couple ideas:

1. It could be that your cable/Sat connections in wet bay are not connected properly in the RV. I would try to connect the cable through a window temporarily direct to a TV. So connection would be from pedastal to TV, nothing in between. Then try a channel search with booster off using cable from wall.

2. Cable is not working or requires a cable box to decode and view.

Not sure where you are and what type of cable is there, but this would be my next troubleshooting test. Can you get any channels on the TV using over the air and the booster on?
Old 10-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #7

Check behind your TV in the bedroom. There may be a switch box located there.... I have a connection in the wet bay and a box in the bedroom behind the TV.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgagnon544 View Post
2022 Precept 31ul , location of cable tv connection from camp ground ? , is there a matrix switch box ? Thank you
My park cable on a 2021 Precept 31UL was not working. Rather than have the dealer mess with it I repaired it myself.

All of the coax cables are located in the cabinet in the dinette slide upper cabinet ( you have to remove the panel where the booster is located) I used a toner and traced all cables. The feed from the wet bay to the splitter was never connected
Sanford Fl camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-NM View Post
Check behind your TV in the bedroom. There may be a switch box located there.... I have a connection in the wet bay and a box in the bedroom behind the TV.
Hello
That’s were the problem was. The three way splice connector inside the wall had a loose connection. Tightened up all fittings and everything works. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford Fl camper View Post
My park cable on a 2021 Precept 31UL was not working. Rather than have the dealer mess with it I repaired it myself.

All of the coax cables are located in the cabinet in the dinette slide upper cabinet ( you have to remove the panel where the booster is located) I used a toner and traced all cables. The feed from the wet bay to the splitter was never connected
That was it! Those connections were loose and needed tightened.
Thank you.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:17 PM   #11

2020 Class C satellite connection

Hey guys, any clue where the satellite (single) connector in the electric cable bay of a 27U may go?
Does not seam to connect to my tail gator regardless of any connection on the inside now cable connection in left hand storage by the door.
Camper Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #12

I would look near your main TV. Find the OTA faceplate and likely the sat connection from the electrical bay is near there. Could be a false wall and its behind it. You can ask Jayco for the Sat wiriing diagram which will help what color the cable would be, but the quickest is to start pulling panels and faceplates. It's going to be behind something not conencted, chances are.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:21 PM   #13

Cable TV

The satellite cable is grey with yellow tape. It goes from wet bay to the back of the antenna amp (black plate with cable outlet and button to turn power on and off)
USNA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:16 AM   #14

TV cables from Nautilus not connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNA79 View Post
My cables were swapped in the wet bay (grey with yellow tape in Cable and black in Sattelite) and not connected to the back of the TV amp outlet. They were just loose behind the panel.
Mine were not connected either. The cut ends were just shoved into the cavity behind the wall. I was just curious why TV Cable scan would find nothing, so I opened it up to look. Very disappointing. I guess Jayco is lucky that so many of us are fix it yourselfers. I haven't bothered connecting them yet as we prefer the HDTV Air quality. For anything streaming, we use 5G Verizon hot spot with Roku.
gr8scott is offline   Reply With Quote