Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #1

Cable wiring 34G

I purchased the wineguard satellite and dish receiver. Hooked the cable from the satellite to the cable hookup in the water bay and disconnected the cable in the cabinet above the sink and hooked it up the receiver and no signal. I then hooked the satellite directly to the receiver and downloaded everything so we have satellite tv. I then removed the plywood in the cabinet to find out why there’s no signal. I found that all 3 tv’s have a splitter to them with the incoming coming from the coach antenna. I found two cables coming from the roof to a jack marked roof satellite. I then found two cables cut short, two short to attach anything to them that probably come from the water bay.
Has anyone tried hooking either cable tv or satellite to the cable connections marked cable tv-satellite in the water bay of the Precept 34G.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #2

On my 31UL I have hooked CG cable to the water bay connection and it worked. Be aware that all of my coax connector I replaced because they were not made correctly and pulled apart by hand. So I bought compression coax connectors and all works now. Just do a pull test if they pull apart then they need to be replaced.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:49 AM   #3

I have 2021 Precept. I attached the coax from my dish sat antenna to the sat connection in the water bay and was not able to get a picture. I took it to my dealer and they kept it a few days and returned it to me. They said the connection was not properly wired at the factory and that they fixed it. It still didn’t work and I took it back to the dealer. They said I was not connecting it properly and charged me $170.00 for checking it out. They said the coax to the sat box had to be connected inside of a cabinet above the sink ro a connection which is marked “roof sat” . It works that way but I must run the hdmi and coax across the top of the sofa an keep the cabinet door open to watch tv.. I think there must be a better way to get the signal to the tv. Any comments are appreciated
bedford35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:56 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
I purchased the wineguard satellite and dish receiver. Hooked the cable from the satellite to the cable hookup in the water bay and disconnected the cable in the cabinet above the sink and hooked it up the receiver and no signal.

Not sure about your coach, but I have separate cable and Sat connections in the wet bay. If you have two, try the other one. As you mentioned the cable one goes to a switcher which won't work for satellite.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:44 AM   #5

Quote:
I purchased the wineguard satellite and dish receiver. Hooked the cable from the satellite to the cable hookup in the water bay and disconnected the cable in the cabinet above the sink and hooked it up the receiver and no signal. I then hooked the satellite directly to the receiver and downloaded everything so we have satellite tv. I then removed the plywood in the cabinet to find out why there’s no signal. I found that all 3 tv’s have a splitter to them with the incoming coming from the coach antenna. I found two cables coming from the roof to a jack marked roof satellite. I then found two cables cut short, two short to attach anything to them that probably come from the water bay.
Has anyone tried hooking either cable tv or satellite to the cable connections marked cable tv-satellite in the water bay of the Precept 34G.
I have new 2021 precept with sat connections in water bay for sat and cable. Cable does not work. dealer worked on sat jack and got a signal in the cabin. I have to run the coax from the Wally (sat box) to a jack in a cabinet above the sink to get the signal. That is unsightly and coax keeps the cabinet door from closing. Can anyone tell me where they hook up the coax from the Wally to the sat line to get the signal? Thanks
bedford35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:56 AM   #6

I have the same problem. I called Jayco for wiring diagrams of the cable. The wiring diagram shows 2 satellite cables from the roof to the cabinet above the sink labeled sat. I didn’t want the satellite on the roof I chose putting it on the ground. I do not have continuity in either cable from the water bay to the cabinet above the sink. I removed the false wall in the cabinet and found two cables cut short. My next step will be two remove the outside tv to get to the wires behind the cabinet. More to come. 2021 precept 34G
Old 09-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #7

Quote:
I do not have continuity in either cable from the water bay to the cabinet above the sink. I removed the false wall in the cabinet and found two cables cut short. My next step will be two remove the outside tv to get to the wires behind the cabinet. More to come. 2021 precept 34G

Did you see any other cables behind the false wall with a coax connection on it not connected to anything? Typically the cables from the wet bay are not hooked up. The cable coax should be connected to the back of your antenna/cable splitter wall plate. The sat connection is likely just sitting there with no connection, that's how mine was. I hooked that to my wally and my Dish to the sat connection in the wet bay and it worked. The two sat prep connections near the TV norally go to the roof. If this is a new coach, I would have the dealer test those two coax cables that are cut and if they are to the wet bay, then have them put connections on them as that should've been done from the factory.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #8

Same problems with 2021 27A

2021 27A.
At Nautilus S3, 2 cable connectors. One marked "cable" and one marked "satellite".
Above main cabin TV in OH cabinet where Blue Ray player is located, 2 outlets. One "KING" marked TV with the aux. 12V power amplification. One marked ROOF SAT. with LNB 1 and LNB 2 connections.

At campground with TV cable for first time last weekend. Coax from campsite outlet to P3. Tried both cable and sat connections with both ROOF SAT and received no signal. Moved cable off of KING connector to test those out.

Also, for kicks, just tried leaving cable on KING connector and turning off power. No signal.

Removed panel where outlets are attached. 1 coax into back of KING on Antenna connector. 2 coax into ROOF SAT. on each LNB 1 and 2. cable from front of KING connector (which is the one I switched to LNB inputs to test with S3 connections) goes to 3 ways splitter. All 3 TVs work fine with roof antenna.

Then, removed cable from campground into S3 and ran through window up to the 3 way splitter. Viola. Cable signal on all TVs. Then attached to the single cable input to those using FF adapter for coax. Still works. Even plugged into cable input on back of KING connector and flipping power on off can switch back and forth between antenna and cable.

Went back to S3 and confirmed there are 2 cables coming out on the back side of that unit. But where do they go? If they are not the 2 connected on ROOF SAT? And I didn't find any cut off cables anywhere. Would really like to solve this mystery. Contacted Jayco but they have been unresponsive with an explanation of where these cables might be accessible.
gr8scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #9

Can you post diagram?

Quote:
I have the same problem. I called Jayco for wiring diagrams of the cable. The wiring diagram shows 2 satellite cables from the roof to the cabinet above the sink labeled sat. I didn’t want the satellite on the roof I chose putting it on the ground. I do not have continuity in either cable from the water bay to the cabinet above the sink. I removed the false wall in the cabinet and found two cables cut short. My next step will be two remove the outside tv to get to the wires behind the cabinet. More to come. 2021 precept 34G
Can you post that diagram? Does it show actual routing?
Old 09-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8scott View Post
2021 27A.
Also, for kicks, just tried leaving cable on KING connector and turning off power. No signal.

This should be all you have to do. Hook the cable to the cable outlet in wet bay, turn off king amplifier, then do channel search on TV using cable from wall as the option on screen.

So if you connected the CG cable to the back of the King splitter, and turned off the amplifier and it works, then it sounds to me like the cable from the wet bay (Nautilus S3) is not connected to the back of the King splitter or damaged along its run. I would check the color codes on the wires in the wet bay and then check the cables behind the panel for the same color coding. It may be that they have the sat and cable connections disconnected behind the panel of the King splitter or swapped.

The two Satellite connections marked roof go to the roof directly and have nothing to do with cable or portable satellites. They are dedicated wiring, so ignore those unless you plan to mount a SAT on the roof.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #11

Yes I did. There were 2 coax cables and 2 cat6 cables with RJ45 ends with yellow tape on one and brown tape on the other. The lengths of the coax was so short you couldn’t of put a connector on. There was also a black 6 conductor with a 6 port plug in that didn’t go anywhere. I had to pull the outside tv out to reach the 2 coax cables. Only one went to the wet bay to the Satellite connector.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #12

Do you have an outside tv behind the cabinet where your blue ray player is. I had to remove my outside tv, the metal bracket holding the tv so I could get behind the cabinet. My coax cables were supper short just barley in the back of the cabinet. I taped 2 strings to the coax cables and pulled them down and tested them one of them went to the satellite Jack in the wet bay. I put an end on it pulled a new cable up to the cabinet where the blue ray player is and coupled the wires together behind the tv and it worked. While I was there I pulled 2 HDMI cables down, one for the outside tv and one to the living room tv. It’s a bummer the factory doesn’t leave the cables long enough to utilize them. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Can you post that diagram? Does it show actual routing?

None of their diagrams show actual routing, but show general routes and color codes. See my diagram as a reference, but completely different floorplan. Look at locations 10 (wet bay) and 4 (Main TV) on my diagram and you can see the color coded coax (RG/6) cables. In location 10, you can see two RG/6 cables going to location 4 and their colors. In location 4 you can see the same cables going to location 10.

I would request this diagram for your coach from Jayco but in the meantime check the colors yourself in the wet bay and behind the panel and try to match them up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Signal Cable Schematic.pdf (177.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:32 AM   #14

Smile Alante 27A Cable TV Success!

Yesterday morning I went back to my Alante and probed a little deeper into the OHC area above the dinette booth. I found 8 unconnected cables that had been pulled through one cable chase and then had the ends stuffed into another. Three of those were COAX. I took the gray one with yellow tape in the below picture and attached a F Connector. I tested from the Cable in the S3 area and got a good signal. I then put everything back and connected this to the back of the KING Controls PB1001 and now can switch between Cable TV through the S3 and Roof HDTV antenna using TV channel search functions.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210925_093523.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	75880

I don't like that JayCo just left these cables cut off with no easy access. I figure one of the remaining cut off COAX is for the S3 Satellite outlet, but where does the other one go? Also, the cable for the ROOF SAT connector are from where? I don't have any satellite connection on the roof. Also, 3 Cat 5 or 6 patch cables go where? And there is another black comm cable terminated with a connector, but what would that go to? Probably can pull more of the devices out, e.g. the other TVs, control panels in the kitchen, and find more terminated or cut off cables. A project for another day. Maybe for either custom finish at factory or dealer fit up / customization they run and leave these there. Feels like easter eggs in software.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #15

Quote:
I don't like that JayCo just left these cables cut off with no easy access. I figure one of the remaining cut off COAX is for the S3 Satellite outlet, but where does the other one go? Also, the cable for the ROOF SAT connector are from where? I don't have any satellite connection on the roof. Also, 3 Cat 5 or 6 patch cables go where? And there is another black comm cable terminated with a connector, but what would that go to? Probably can pull more of the devices out, e.g. the other TVs, control panels in the kitchen, and find more terminated or cut off cables. A project for another day. Maybe for either custom finish at factory or dealer fit up / customization they run and leave these there. Feels like easter eggs in software.
Good question on the "other one" and where it goes. My guess is the pinkish one is the sat connection from the S3. i would ask Jayco for a copy of your signal cable schematic like the one attached in y previous post. That will give you color codes of wires. Roof sat connections go to the roof and are under the fiberglass, see the schematic attached. The cat 6 cables go from the main TV area to the other TV locations generally. I found this out on my coach by accident one day looking behind the fridge vent and saw cat6 cables. When I asked about satellite wiring from Jayco, they sent me the cable schematic in my previous post and i saw the cat6 cables go to each TV. After further investigation the coaches used to come with HDMI matrix splitters to send DVD, SAT, or whatever other inputs to any and all TVs, HDMI over Cat6. So a very gracious member gave me his that he didn't use anymore so I installed it and now use that to send Sat to any of my TVs.

I think what's happened is they stopped putting in some of these devices like the HDMI splitter and just keep wiring the coaches the same way. Sure seems like it to me. I'm glad I found my CAT5 cables, i love the HDMI matrix. I can put any input on any TV or all TVs at the same time, very flexible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Satellite Mount Measurements.pdf (65.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown View Post
On my 31UL I have hooked CG cable to the water bay connection and it worked. Be aware that all of my coax connector I replaced because they were not made correctly and pulled apart by hand. So I bought compression coax connectors and all works now. Just do a pull test if they pull apart then they need to be replaced.
Did the CHF make a difference? I have the same unit.
Wtrboy502000 is offline   Reply With Quote