Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #1

Can anyone help with a leveling control box question?

My 2015 Precept 31UL auto leveling has been working perfectly until a couple of days ago. Now the system appears to be dead and I've been working on tracing the problem with Lippert Tech Support. Right at the moment I am trying to find the leveling control box, and I haven't got a clue where Jayco have hidden it.

Does anyone know where the control box is located?

All other components are easy to locate and easy to work with. The harnesses kind of disappear in to a maze of harnesses under the dashboard and behind the hydraulic system. Lippert expect the control box will be mounted on the underside of the floor not too far away from the hydraulic unit. However they don't know where it might be, and unless it is over the gas tank or one of the water tanks I'm not sure where else to look.

Any suggestions would be a massive help.

Thanks
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF.
I believe on my unit it is mounted in the bay near the hydraulic reservoir. This is the same bay where my coach batteries and propane tank are located. I have only had one occasion where I had to add a small amount of fluid to the tank and I recall seeing it then. If all else fails call Jayco Motorized CS with your VIN # and ask them. They can also send you a diagram of the hydraulic leveling system if you ask for it. Good luck.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Welcome to the JOF.
I believe on my unit it is mounted in the bay near the hydraulic reservoir. This is the same bay where my coach batteries and propane tank are located. I have only had one occasion where I had to add a small amount of fluid to the tank and I recall seeing it then. If all else fails call Jayco Motorized CS with your VIN # and ask them. They can also send you a diagram of the hydraulic leveling system if you ask for it. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I took another look just in case I had somehow missed it and then called Jayco. After 35 minutes on hold, they said that while they weren't sure exactly where it should be, I should check each compartment ceiling.

It turned out to be in the center of the third compartment from the front, behind a small plastic cover.

Once I got the cover off, I instantly saw the main harness had simply dropped out of the unit. I guess that was due to 15,000 miles of regularly rough roads, although those kind of automotive connectors should never come loose. Possibly it was never clipped in correctly in the first place? Anyway, I clipped it back in and the system works perfectly once again.
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

Hmm, something for me to check on my system...

Thank you for the update!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote