Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2020, 05:34 AM   #1

Carpet or ?

Need advice. I have a 2008 Seneca. Had a leak from shower. Loose screw behind shower controls. Carpet really wet. Long story short. Pulled up carpet in dining/living area snd dried out floor. Mostly linoleum but not wall to wall. Bought some peel and stick tiles to even out linoleum. Now what?

I bought laminate planks but am appalled at the weight of the boxes which will add to towing, weight on tires, etc. i really don’t want carpet.

Anyone have an experience or thoughts on this? Would appreciate any and all advice.

Bobbie
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #2

Did you weigh a box of tiles? I bet they are not as heavy as you think. And carpet is far heavier than you might realize. I doubt the difference in weight would be significant. Personally I'd go with tile and throw down an area rug if you need a softer, warmer area to walk on.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #3

I did the click together planks last year they are heavier unless you get the really really cheap ones... and they are probably fine but I wanted a longer lasting floor... they were heavier than the vinyl for sure I doubt it was more than 200#'s... unless you are loading to the hilt you would be just fine.... you can always weight the trailer without the flooring then put it in and weight it again so you know where you are at before you put it in....
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #4

I installed a foam floor in a woodgrain finish that’s 5/8” thick. It comes in 2x2 squares and snaps together like a puzzle. It’s quiet to walk on, cushions your step & warm to walk on at 4:00 AM when you visit the restroom..
Attached Thumbnails
C8CE7C92-36F8-44D6-8454-8107233BD80D.jpg  
Old 02-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #5

By any chance are either of you referring to the peel and stick tiles that come in either squares or planks?
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote