Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #1

Changes to 2018 Precept Models

There is a thread on the Jayco Precept Forum regarding the 18' changes..
But below is recap from Jayco:

elow is the reply from the Jayco Sales mgr:

1. No changes yet to a smaller chassis for 31ul

2. truna system instead of Girard. – Yes – Love it..

3. we did have a $4,200 incr, but the 12c.f. refer is Std.
so really it’s only a $2,550 incr. & 99% of orders had the larger refer.

4. bus type bay doors - Negative

5. additional exterior colors – Negative –

NEW Fuision RV GPS–

on 31ul - dual 15,000 BTU A.C’s with heat pumps and a
228” chassis with king bed.

Quick note - the TRUMA AQUA GO heaters are a definitely improvement over the Girad. The Truma heater is significantly easier to winterize
and water temp. is more stable.

nothing official, but it appears the GVWR is still 22,000 on the longer wheelbase, a move which necesitated switching the toilet and the counter in the bathroom and moving the fuel fill further aft,it

Also appears that driver/copilot seats are now Flexsteel with adjustable armrests.
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

and the Precept will feature a NEW Radio/GPS unit -

the model is - RV-BBT601

Designed to deliver RV
specific information and
entertainment all in an
innovative form factor that
improves the RV’ing
experience and adds overall
value to customers.
Key Features
• RV Specific Navigation
• Entertainment
Functionality
• Portable Form Factor
Equipped with FUSION-Link the
Infotainment HUB gives you full control
of your entertainment experience right
from your fingertips.

RV SPECIFIC INFORMATION & MAPPING

PND is portable, enabling owners the freedom to access their
navigation and entertainment from around the vehicle.
PORTABLE FORM FACTOR RV INFOTAINMENT HUB
Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #3

I purchased my 2018 31UL in January, 2017 from Blade RV (Mt Vernon, WA) at the Seattle RV Show and took delivery from the factory in late April. I wanted the 2018 model and was willing to wait.

May, 2016 I purchased the 2017 29MV Class C loved it except I could not deal with the huge loss of space compared to my 2015 24FBS trailer I purchased in 2014.

The 29MV had nothing wrong with it at all from the factory. I was surprised as the 24FBS an the 2014 18RB both had some minor issues.

Had the following "punch list" items (all minor):

Broken windshield (Rock hit it while in transit) - Replaced in May

Missing cocktail table support pole - Jayco sent the dealer on in June

Drivers window track was bent multiple places, could not close it all of the way, It was replaced in July

A pass-through door did not stay closed, the lock needed adjustment - solved in April

The only "defect" that remains is when using the GPS Navigation on the Fusion (Love the Fusion), the volume is not loud enough an there I no way I'm aware of to have it go to a separate speaker so it doesn't compete with the radio/Bluetooth audio

I elected the reclining chairs and 12cu refrigerator.

I added 320 watt solar panels to the roof; 120 watt portable solar panel; replaced the two stock batteries with four 24T Trojan AGM batteries (I got a total of 51AH without any charge from the sun over the 4th of July long weekend boondocking, based on my drawing about 5AH while using the LED lighting and TV, etc.)k aed a trimetic meter an the Go Power meter that came with the solar arrays, so I can ensure they are "telling the truth."

Best investment - I added the Pay as you Go Dish TV package, using a Winguard X2 antenna (portable). Now I'm watching movies I haven't seen before while relaxing in the woods and viewing on the outdoor TV (never knew I "needed" one before nor did I want it, but now I like it) or the main indoor TV, while sitting in the reclining chairs (so much better than the couch I had in my 3 prior Jayco RVs)

Used it about every other weekend so far, liking it a lot, but sometimes scary to drive (it is wide and I fear hitting mirror to mirror with a truck, came close a few times).

All is goo, except yesterday it developed a tapping noise that was continuous at a rate of two per second. With just 3310 miles on it (2978 of that was from the factory to the dealer) an with me taking the RV on vacation in a week and a half for 11 days to four different locations hours from home an from each other, I brought the RV to a Ford Service Truck Center and will see what they find and hope they an fix it before I leave.
nyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #4

congrats!

Congrats on your new Precept!

I hope you have years and year of enjoyment.

Note: We are having our 2nd annual Precept "get-together"
the 1st week of October in Zion River RV Resort.

There is 2 openings... so if you are interested let me know.

Mike
Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
I purchased my 2018 31UL in January, 2017 from Blade RV (Mt Vernon, WA) at the Seattle RV Show and took delivery from the factory in late April. I wanted the 2018 model and was willing to wait.

May, 2016 I purchased the 2017 29MV Class C loved it except I could not deal with the huge loss of space compared to my 2015 24FBS trailer I purchased in 2014.

The 29MV had nothing wrong with it at all from the factory. I was surprised as the 24FBS an the 2014 18RB both had some minor issues.

Had the following "punch list" items (all minor):

Broken windshield (Rock hit it while in transit) - Replaced in May

Missing cocktail table support pole - Jayco sent the dealer on in June

Drivers window track was bent multiple places, could not close it all of the way, It was replaced in July

A pass-through door did not stay closed, the lock needed adjustment - solved in April

The only "defect" that remains is when using the GPS Navigation on the Fusion (Love the Fusion), the volume is not loud enough an there I no way I'm aware of to have it go to a separate speaker so it doesn't compete with the radio/Bluetooth audio

I elected the reclining chairs and 12cu refrigerator.

I added 320 watt solar panels to the roof; 120 watt portable solar panel; replaced the two stock batteries with four 24T Trojan AGM batteries (I got a total of 51AH without any charge from the sun over the 4th of July long weekend boondocking, based on my drawing about 5AH while using the LED lighting and TV, etc.)k aed a trimetic meter an the Go Power meter that came with the solar arrays, so I can ensure they are "telling the truth."

Best investment - I added the Pay as you Go Dish TV package, using a Winguard X2 antenna (portable). Now I'm watching movies I haven't seen before while relaxing in the woods and viewing on the outdoor TV (never knew I "needed" one before nor did I want it, but now I like it) or the main indoor TV, while sitting in the reclining chairs (so much better than the couch I had in my 3 prior Jayco RVs)

Used it about every other weekend so far, liking it a lot, but sometimes scary to drive (it is wide and I fear hitting mirror to mirror with a truck, came close a few times).

All is goo, except yesterday it developed a tapping noise that was continuous at a rate of two per second. With just 3310 miles on it (2978 of that was from the factory to the dealer) an with me taking the RV on vacation in a week and a half for 11 days to four different locations hours from home an from each other, I brought the RV to a Ford Service Truck Center and will see what they find and hope they an fix it before I leave.
Welcome to the Precept group. We purchased our 2016 35S from Blade RV last April and have been very happy with it. We've had some issues so we have become close friends with Carl in Service....haha! Maybe we'll see you around the area camping someday!!

Kelly
luv2camp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

Thanks but I work during the week and can't get to UT in a reasonable drive time. Maybe in 7 years when I buy the Seneca I'd love to have as I retire, I can do the long distance tripsn
Old 08-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #7

Carl and Wayne are the greatest. I travel almost 2 hours to go to Blade for service versus 5 minutes to go to "the other" Jayco dealer in the area. Carl took great care of my 29MV when the other guys didn't.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #8

We are in the process of buying our coach. Thanks to this group I learned a out the missing bilstien shocks that the dealer assured me were installed. Not until I called the factory did I hear the truth. The factory even said the dealership should know better and we will call them.
When we did the walk through there were so many things wrong. So much stuff was damaged and attempted to hide with furniture pencil. Who knows when I will actually sign paperwork?!
What is the feeling of the 2018 precept owners on the missing shocks, are you really feeling it? Do you not care either way?
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #9

The Bilstein shocks are no better than the Ford OEM shocks. Just wait until Koni makes the FSD's available for the 17-18 chassis and have them installed.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #10

Don't sign the paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
We are in the process of buying our coach. Thanks to this group I learned a out the missing bilstien shocks that the dealer assured me were installed. Not until I called the factory did I hear the truth. The factory even said the dealership should know better and we will call them.
When we did the walk through there were so many things wrong. So much stuff was damaged and attempted to hide with furniture pencil. Who knows when I will actually sign paperwork?!
What is the feeling of the 2018 precept owners on the missing shocks, are you really feeling it? Do you not care either way?
First, I feel no difference between my 2017 29MV which had Billstein shocks and the 2018 31UL that is without them.

Next, if there is so many things wrong with the unit and you are buying it from dealer stock, RUN, do not sign the paperwork.

I never buy from dealer stock, I always buy the RVs and my cars (1992, 1999, 2017) /pickup trucks (2005, 2014) on a factory order.

Yes, I have to wait 8-12 weeks, but at least I know they haven't been sitting on a lot or looked at and rejected by other possible buyers for a good reason or more.

Just my take.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #11

Newbie to this. Just purchased a 2018 31UL Percept. working out the kinks.
can't receive radio stations everything but that is working on the Fuision . any else have this problem?
ChuckK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckK View Post
Newbie to this. Just purchased a 2018 31UL Percept. working out the kinks.
can't receive radio stations everything but that is working on the Fuision . any else have this problem?
Hi Chuck, I took del of 2018 Precept 31ul in late April. I had many problems with the coach. One is the Fusion/Garmin system. First I did not get manuals as the dealer said the unit was one of the first off line. They were going to get for me but I don't have yet. So Nav is almost non existent as it gets hot and shuts off. A call to Garmin and they said check docking station installation. No Radio stations, no sound through speakers (dealer ordered new ones but not in yet) no Bluetooth. Very frustrating since I went almost 9K miles on a west coast 3 month trip to national parks without these features. With over 21 punch list items (this is after 2 services with dealer and 2 additional on the trip) obviously I am not a happy camper. I got Jayco involved and hopefully when I return it to the dealer on Nov 20th everything will get repaired. I actually love this unit, I just need it to stay straight while driving down the road and amenities to work!
Parhole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:32 AM   #13

Any idea when these shocks may be available?
vortrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortrecker View Post
Any idea when these shocks may be available?
I am not sure what you are asking about shocks as I have not posted anything about shocks
Old 09-20-2017, 03:24 AM   #15

Sorry wrong post LOL.
vortrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #16

Thanks for the reply Parhole1. Havn't had it back to the dealer yet. just got in Aug. and we have a seasonal business and just shut down in Sept. Only problem is the Fuson and transfer relay for power to switch over to the 50 amp house power.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #17

Fusion and Garmin

Hi Chuck,
I am taking my unit in for service on Nov 20. We went on a 3 month trip (8,900 miles) out west to 30 states and National Parks. The coach with the V10 worked flawlessly in the mountains with the Tow Haul on with my toad. The Fusion and Garmi did not work so no radio or Nav. We have other electronic (TV, DVD) issues as well. That being said, we love our coach. I’ll let you know what the dealer says sometime in Dec when we get the coach back. There is a list of 27 items that are on our punch list. Some were fixed by me as I am a retired contractor.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #18

Does anyone with the new 2018 Precept know which of the three models of the Truma Aquago did Jayco install at the factory - Basic, Comfort or Comfort Plus?
Old 09-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #19

Hi Parhole1
We are taking it back on the sept 25 2018 and they are going to fix all problems. This is after we talked to Jayco and they had no correspondence with dealer. Now they have new sales manager, new service manager. We will see.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Does anyone with the new 2018 Precept know which of the three models of the Truma Aquago did Jayco install at the factory - Basic, Comfort or Comfort Plus?
Basic, what else? There is an upgrade package to Comfort level, check on the Truma website.

Honestly I should double check, but pretty sure when I researched it was the basic model and has the upgrade option...think I've read it's not a DIY option, you have to take it to an authorized Truma dealer.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote