Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Hello, I am new to motorhomes and I am inquiring about the rock guard, where was it installed?
I did not like the brush or rubber strip types since they still can allow for rocks or road mud to get through.

Therefore I bought a solid 20" rubber skirt, trimmed it to 18" and installed on a tube frame that I welded up as to clear the hitch. That is one straight piece in the middle and 2 angled pieces on both sides, hoping they will deflect rocks outward as well.

I will take a picture next week but apparently there are 100 different opinions on a dozen RV forums what is best.
Jerry Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
...Something needs to be done about this all to common problem. ....
That would be great but I guess after the initial frustration and (hopefully dealer/manufacturer funded) repairs people get over it and lose interest. Maybe a class action lawsuit would help but I would not know how to get one going.
Jerry Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #23

You might want to start by finding another class action lawsuit against RV manufacturers and determine who the complainants' law firm was. Contact the law firm and see what they have to say.

My personal experience has been that the results from class action law suits benefit the lawyers first and the consumer is left with the dirt end of the stick. I've been invited to join several as a shareholder of a stock and I usually decline as the amount of money I would get is not worth my trouble. Maybe with something as expensive as a RV the results would be different. Good luck.
Johnny Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #24

I bought a brand new Precept last August and there was a lot of rust like on your unit. Could not get anyone to do undercoating at a reasonable price.
I found this product online called BLACK STAR Rust converter, no scrubbing, no muss no fuss, just spray on and it converts the rust to a black paintable surface. You can leave it as is or paint it . I spent the winter at a Tampa ,Florida R.V. park waterfront space and I have not seen any rust show again . I am very happy with the results. It is used by the coast guard and marine industry. It was $40+ for a big spray can but it goes a long way & covered everything I needed to. Check it out.
Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote