Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

Chassis noise below Bedroom

I have a 2017 Precept 31UL. When walking in the unit and when it it parked I hear a creaking sound coming from the rear chassis. It is a singular sound not long in duration. I haven't crawled underneath to inspect it yet but wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or have any ideas. Sorry in advance for not being able to describe it better.
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:53 AM   #2

I have heard the same sound in my 2016 31ul. It is a very loud metalic creak/twang and seems to be coming from the rear axle area. On occasion, I have heard it at night with the jacks engaged and also when I turn during or slightly after entering a angled driveway. I suspected the rear track bar might have shifted where it clamps to frame rail or mabe a spring. Both I and a suspension mechanic checked and could see any problem. And of course, we could not duplicate the sound while the mechanic drove it over various canted driveways. Hopefuly, someone might have an answer.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #3

Thank you, that is a good description of the sound. Same as you I hear when parked in the driveway with the jacks down and no one in the camper.
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote