Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #1

Closed on rig today

Hello! We pick up our Jayco Alante 29f in about a week. We closed today and the finance guy talked us into the “best warranties out there. Did we just get taken? I thought Jayco warranties were already great? Windshield, gas wrap, tires, vehicle service, the whole thing!!! We can still cancel on Monday any advice is appreciated!
Thanks
Markandchristine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #2

I took out a warranty on one of my units and would never take one out again. They are a waste of money. Just put the monthly payment for the warranty in an account in case anything happens. Jayco has a 2 year warranty so save your dollars.
PAL70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:38 PM   #3

I would not purchase the extended warranty. You have several better options. The dealer makes a significant amount on extended warranties. Often 40% markup.

Save the money. Stay on top of your maintenance. If needed, set a bit aside for a larger issue.

If you really want an extended warranty. Purchase directly from one of the top RV warranty companies. You will save that 40%.
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your Jayco Alante 29f. Agree about forgetting the extended warranty and banking the $ in an account held by you just incase. Usually those warranties have too many loopholes and fine print.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
As said those warranties have to many loopholes - I called stealing your money. I'm sure they do that with a smile!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #6

Welcome to the JOF and congratulations on the new RV.
I’m in the camp of saving your money and not spending it on an extended warranty. You automatically get the Jayco 2 year factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. The extended warranty will not be through Jayco but rather a third party through your dealer. If it’s a 5 year warranty it usually includes the first 2 years of the Jayco warranty so you’re really only getting 3 additional years. Make sure you understand what the terms of the agreement are. Also, most extended warranties are either inclusive (spelled out what is covered) or exclusive (spelled out what is not covered) so make sure you know what you are getting. Incidental damage usually is not covered.
Peace of mind can be worth something so it’s up to you whether or not you feel it’s worth it but go in with your eyes open and be prepared if and when you ever need to file a claim.
When you pick up your coach make sure you do a thorough PDI. Search this forum for a PDI checklist and take it with you. Have all the systems checked out and demonstrated for you. Don’t be rushed and if something sounds a little complex then take your phone out and make a video of the explanation for future reference. Good luck and welcome to the lifestyle.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #7

Cancel on Monday. I've not used ours in 6 years with one more year to go.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:44 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #9

Our 2019 355mbqs is almost two years old. I did not buy the extended warranty. You should have the full two years to decide about the dealer's warranty, then you'll know how well it's built for the two years and then decide. I'm dealing with that now. I don't think I'm gonna pay the $4,000 for another four years for an extended warranty. It's a gamble either way you go.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #10

Cancel it and get your refund Monday. Waste of money just a dealership upcharge.

Tags
dealer warranties, warranty