Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #1

Coach heat distribution

Hi All
We just purchased a 2021 Precept 34G. We love it and have only minor issues.
One struggle is that it seems all the heat vents are in the rear of the coach (likely due to the slide outs). The problem is that at night, we roast in the back bed and the kids freeze in the drop down bunk.
Not sure if this is operator error, because we have two thermostats and aren’t positive what they are for.
If anyone has had or fixed this problem please let me know.
Many thanks
Tina
Tserafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #2

We have the same problem in our 2020 34G.
I will be looking at changing the vent covers in the back to ones that close, in hopes of forcing more air out of the front vents. And maybe an air diverter on the front vents to direct air towards the front. Other than that the other option is to set the main thermostat to electric and use the heat exchanger on the front ac unit And set the bedroom one onto gas.
Jmurray65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tserafin View Post
Hi All
We just purchased a 2021 Precept 34G. We love it and have only minor issues.
One struggle is that it seems all the heat vents are in the rear of the coach (likely due to the slide outs). The problem is that at night, we roast in the back bed and the kids freeze in the drop down bunk.
Not sure if this is operator error, because we have two thermostats and aren’t positive what they are for.
If anyone has had or fixed this problem please let me know.
Many thanks
Tina
Time to break out the owners manual.

I'm gonna guess that one t-stat controls one AC and the furnace. The other t-stat controls the other AC. That's just my having stayed at a Holladay Inn Guess.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #4

You will always struggle to heat the front area because of the heat loss through that big windshield which is right where the drop down bed is. Even with the shade down. You could supplement with an electric heater in the cab area or you could pull in the dinette slide at night so you’re heating a smaller area. This is where you find out how creative you are. Maybe even consider some type of insulation to place between the shade and the windshield. Or switch with the kids so you can snuggle closer with your significant other in the front while the kids are toasty in the back. Or not...........Good luck.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #5

Thank you

Thank you for the replies. Confirms suspicion that this is just the price paid for double slide outs and no vent in floor. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t operator error. Let the creativity begin! 😃👍
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 AM   #6

BTW, does anyone install any safeguard for the bunk bed to prevent kids from falling?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
BTW, does anyone install any safeguard for the bunk bed to prevent kids from falling?
Mine came with 6” padded bed rails that fit into the slots along both sides of the OH bunk.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #8

electric mattress pads are nice too.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Mine came with 6” padded bed rails that fit into the slots along both sides of the OH bunk.
It is optional? Do you have a picture of the bed rails? If it can be purchased, that would be great. thanks.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #10

I HAD to same heat problem in my Northpoint 375. I know it's a 5er and you got a class A, but... I ended up gaining access to my furnace and duct work. I resealed the end of the heat plenum and shortened and re distributed the flex lines off the furnace to the plenum's. My furnace is in the front 1/3 area of the 5er and my poor daughter would freeze in the bunk 35' away while me and DW were roasting in the front. I also took some heat tape and blocked off the first floor heat vent closest to the furnace. This forced WAY more CFM to the rear bunk, and it was much warmer air coming out of the vents back there too.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:35 PM   #11

Yea we were told the bedroom thermostat was for back ac. Except that it also has a heat mode. ��*♀️ The one paragraph “Furnace” on page 132 of the owners manual tells it’s powered 12 volt dc and to call our dealer with any other questions. So was hoping someone else might have found a solution. ��
Old 10-28-2020, 09:37 PM   #12

Ours came with two rails, one for the front and one for back of bunk. My kids are older so don’t use them but they would be needed for smaller kids.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #13

Quote:
I hated the padded rails. Too hard to put in the slots with the mattress in place, and have to crawl up there to get the one closest to the window (this is with the drop down loft style of bed). I bought a truck cargo net and used secured it through the grommets to the overhead and the bed frame with washers and wood screws. It drapes just a little in front of the motorized blind and covers nearly the entire front area so the kids don't fall down onto the dash. I still have the smaller rail for the ladder access part of the bed, but don't usually even use it. This was a great solution for me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Tumbleweed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:33 PM   #14

Quote:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Able-Life...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:17 AM   #15

Check out Marks upgrades this forum. He added an aux heater to the front (heat pump) air conditioner.
hopnhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
It is optional? Do you have a picture of the bed rails? If it can be purchased, that would be great. thanks.

should be under the mattress with the ladder.... Mine were..
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopnhic View Post
Check out Marks upgrades this forum. He added an aux heater to the front (heat pump) air conditioner.
Here's the link:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...34g-81805.html
Old 03-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #18

The rails were stored under the mattress with the ladder.
nanqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:29 PM   #19

No hot airflow in forward half of my 34G

I previously posted this, but I had no airflow from my forward floor vents when using my propane floor heater. Plenty of hot air in the bedroom. I removed the vent cover at the bottom of the pantry(4 Phillips screws)and found both vent ducts off of the heat box. Easy to put back on. A clue of a disconnected duct would be a very hot pantry when using floor heat.
Attached Thumbnails
A68AC845-62DA-4556-8414-61F8A9D7EC1E.jpg   304799F5-A5F9-4104-9E36-4954BAE64CEF.jpg   A8EF801B-6A5C-48EA-A2A5-A9F91B123D39.jpg  
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:59 AM   #20

Behind the Couch Extension?

I have an Entegra Vision 29S, and the ductwork for the propane heater stops at the base of the sink cabinets. There is no heater ductwork forward of the middle of the coach. Has anyone tried to extend the ductwork, say a thin wall PVC pipe bind the couch, to get heat to the forward part of the coach?

BTW, while researching this I found out that the "floor" of the cabinet under the sink (where our trash can resides) has no support, it is just hung off the thin side walls of the cabinet, that are toe-nailed into the cabinet face with staples. This false floor is about 5.5-inchs above the real floor. Ductwork and plumbing run under the floor. I'm going to try support it with some glued together Styrofoam blocks.
John Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
34g heat