Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #1

Coach-Net crashed on me

My Dear Bride and I went for a nice drive thru the Ave of the Giants in the redwood forest in California.* As we drive about along about 30 MPH* a redwood tree decided to fall across*the highway, the same one we were on.* It was close, very close.* It hit, bounced and we were ON it.* Yep, that's*right ON it.* I got away from the trunk and drove up the*branches onto the top.* So here we are sitting on top of a three foot thick tree.* Needless to say, the car (happily not the coach) was damaged badly.* The coach was 40 miles away in the RV park.* The CHP was there real soon, and we tried to contact Coach-Net but no one answered the phone so we had to use the basic AAA we had,* It covers 5 miles or something like that.* The car had to be removed from the tree then towed to their lot.* *When I finally got to Coach-Net they told me THEY DID NOT COVER ACCIDENTS.* To me that does not make sense.* So I have over*a thousand dollar tow bill and am looking for another company to be with that has towing even with*accidents.* I am going to cancel Coach-net.* It came with the new motorhome and it is gone.* Any other companies you all can recommend?* Once again I ask the experts.

2017Jayco Precept
towing a 2007 Honda CR-V
ChuckD37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #2

I think the more expensive AAA option has unlimited towing (or at least much farther than 5 miles) which is the one I have but never used. They also have an RV coverage policy but I've heard some folks complain about it.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #3

Good Sam Roadside assistance, Chuck!

https://www.goodsamroadside.com/

Murff
Reese Steadi Flex WDH

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #4

All State roadside assistance. Have had good luck with them but never had an accident so a good question to ask them.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #5

The Coach Net service JAYCO provides is not the Premier Package as I remember.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
I think the more expensive AAA option has unlimited towing (or at least much farther than 5 miles) which is the one I have but never used. They also have an RV coverage policy but I've heard some folks complain about it.
We had AAA for years, but when I added the RV it went to almost $200.. so I trade between Good Sam and All State.. $69 for a new customer and covers all vehicles, MC and RV.. when they want to raise the price I go to the other company....play the game.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
Site Team

The freebie year of coach net only covers the rig, not any other vehicle unless you pay extra.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #8

I just got my renewal notice from Coach Net for the free 1 year membership. I don't know if I am going to renew or move to another service. I definitely want something to cover both the tow vehicle and the trailer.
Anderson WD

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #9

Since this is a "Roadside Assistance" policy, I suspected that if in the case of an accident they would require you to file your claim against your motor vehicle insurance. I was poking around their website and found this:

Accidents/Vandalism/Fire3 - In case of a mechanical disablement due to an accident, vandalism, or a vehicle specific fire
which are normally covered by motor vehicle insurance, you must pay the service provider, submit the bill to your insurance
company and then, if the insurance company refuses payment of the charge, upon submission of the service provider invoice
and a copy of the insurance letter specifying the reason for rejecting the claim, Coach-Net will reimburse for covered roadside
services up to a limit of $500 per incident. All claims are processed in 30 days.

I would bet that the other Roadside Assistance carriers have a similar policy.

Oddly, I just got my Coach-Net renewal letter Friday. Never been a fan of this kind of insurance, so I'm still debating. Since I have no way of servicing a flat tire myself on my Seneca, I will probably renew with their BASIC service. But I will definitely check out the competition before doing so.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #10

Just read Good Sam's Roadside Assistance Member Benefit Brochure. Looks like they do cover towing in the event of an accident and also provide a daily expense fee (up to 8 days) while your rig is being prepared. So long Coach-Net.

Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote