Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #1

Command Center for RV requesting pattern password

Hello all

I have a North Point 377RLBH and right now the Command Center console is asking for a pattern pin, similar to a phone where you would draw your dot pattern as a password.

It more specifically says "To start Android, draw your pattern" then has 6 dots in two rows of three.

My wife and I don't remember ever setting up anything like this when we bought the unit some 4 months ago. Does anyone know if there is a default pattern that used? We have tried using the reset pin option that is above the left arrow and it does reboot it, but returns to requiring this pattern.

This is the actual device:https://teambmpro.com/products/smart...powered-bmpro/

It seemed to come about when I was adjusting the air conditioning, it seemed to freeze for a moment and then reboot itself. We can still use the phone app controllers as well as more of the push button operations on BMPro unit itself, so we have ways of controlling the various components, but still it should be usable from that console.

We called the Jayco help line and they didn't know and pointed us to BMPro's help line. Left a message on their phone and I'll likely call them back but wondered if anyone ran into this issue here.

Thanks,
Evan
evanc.sg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #2

I have not seen or set up a lock screen on our Jaycommand. Didnt know it was possible. Maybe a hard reboot by un hooking the house battery for a few minutes would solve the issue?
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion for the hard reset. We ended up trying to turn off the breakers one by one to see if it was being powered through one of them... it was not

But then we noticed after trying a few more patterns it said that it would reset if there were just a few more fails. So we just failed it a few more times and it did a full restore on itself back to defaults. From there we were able to redownload the BMPro app and set it back up again.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:40 AM   #4

Thank you for posting how you resolved this. I haven't had this happen, but hopefully it may help someone else.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. My Jaycommand is doing the same thing with the six white dots. Asking for a pattern to unlock screen. Which I have never set one up. It is telling me now that after 7 more incorrect attempts it will wipe my device. So I think I will let it wipe my device which Im not quite sure what that means other than its going to do like a hard reboot. Sounds like what you were going through ?
Blondewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondewolf View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. My Jaycommand is doing the same thing with the six white dots. Asking for a pattern to unlock screen. Which I have never set one up. It is telling me now that after 7 more incorrect attempts it will wipe my device. So I think I will let it wipe my device which Im not quite sure what that means other than its going to do like a hard reboot. Sounds like what you were going through ?

Yes that sounds exactly like what we experienced. After it wiped itself it was basically like a tablet android device again. Which we had to download the BMPro app again and install/sign in/configure it.

But that all went pretty smooth and we haven't had issues with it since then.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #7

Thank you ! I went ahead yesterday and let it do its thing after it reached the last attempt it rebooted and everything worked just fine. Reinstalled the bmpro back to normal. Thanks for the advice was just a little reluctant to go that route but worked out fine.
Blondewolf is offline   Reply With Quote