Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2020, 04:58 AM   #1

Couple of Questions - Precept 31UL

We drove the new coach over to our son's for Father's Day weekend yesterday, and I noticed a couple of minor annoyances. The driver's side windshield wiper doesn't travel very far to the left; it's enough for viewing the road, but there's quite a bit or "real estate" on the left side of the sweep that's not wiped. Have any of you experienced this, and did you figure out a fix?

The other thing is the laptop/work area on the passenger side. The tray is on a slide, and it is pretty loose - doesn't seem to lock closed into place. Any way to tighten the slide?

Other than those two little glitches, it performed great! A lot quieter and more sure-footed than the A.C.E. we traded.

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #2

The wiper situation is probably good. Mine is the same and I'm one of the few that the wiper hasn't caught in wind and broken off during usage. Many people go to shorter wipers too for that reason.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:29 AM   #3

Thanks. I'm wondering - since the position when it's down to the right is fairly low, maybe I can bend the arm a bit and gain some wiping action on the left side...
Old 06-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #4

Our laptop slide did the same thing, kept sliding back toward the passenger seat. I tried stick-on velcro which worked for a while, but the sun heated it up and it started coming loose. I got a couple magnetic catches at Lowes and mounted them with the screws that came with them, problem solved.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThompson View Post
Our laptop slide did the same thing, kept sliding back toward the passenger seat. I tried stick-on velcro which worked for a while, but the sun heated it up and it started coming loose. I got a couple magnetic catches at Lowes and mounted them with the screws that came with them, problem solved.

Brilliant! Thanks - will head over to Lowe's/Home Depot today!
Old 06-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #6

There are two ways to adjusting the windshield wipers. If your wipers stop too low and don't go left very far you can take the nut off the wiper, pull the wiper off and re-install it one or more spline gears over to the left. To adjust the limit stops you can get to them from the engine area and be a contortionist and adjust the stops. Or do both.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
There are two ways to adjusting the windshield wipers. If your wipers stop too low and don't go left very far you can take the nut off the wiper, pull the wiper off and re-install it one or more spline gears over to the left. To adjust the limit stops you can get to them from the engine area and be a contortionist and adjust the stops. Or do both.

Thanks - will check that out.