Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #11

Good morning.
I discovered spider cracks in the front cap as it turns up into the flat part of the roof on both sides, as well
As around the lock on door. (Service manger says they over tighten the screws when installed).
Dealer and Jayco have been great. The door will be replaced with a new one and the cap will be repaired and repainted. Not happy that this happen but my dealer (Fourwinds in Maroa Illinois) and Jayco have been great. The service manger at the dealer has taken care of it all and I did not have to intercede to get approval. We have been fortunate to have found a Jayco dealer that cares about there customers.

travelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #12
Lost in the Woods

From this site: https://www.carlemon.com/lemons.html#NJ

New Jersey
Vehicles Covered
Passenger automobiles and motorcycles. Includes the non-living portions of motor homes.
Repair Interval and Coverage Period
3 repair attempts or 30 calendar days out of service.
2 years or 18,000 miles.

So no, if you think it through, the lemon laws don't really cover the problems of your RV, at least not all the stuff that owners are grousing about in these forums.

Just like the recent Newmar issue regarding the front axle weights. They originally contented the rv was fit for the intended users most of whom they said pull trailers with their stuff inside. Then they offered an "upgraded" front axle as a future purchaser option and in some cases replaced for some of the customers, who helped uncover the issue...All staying within any lemon laws.

And as I understand it, the court cases have not usually favored the buyers. However, your attorney will get paid regardless.

The key to the lemon laws, as I understand it, is being able to rescind/revoke your contract if not capable of being fixed within something like 30 days.

The mfg are expert at just staying inside the limitations and dragging owners along. These are minor issues for Freight liner, Ford, and Cummins as they have the quality controls in place and the volumes.

The mfg is really for the most part a converter and all the warranties and lemon laws are limited and specific to the original mfg.

RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
From this site: https://www.carlemon.com/lemons.html#NJ

New Jersey
Vehicles Covered
Passenger automobiles and motorcycles. Includes the non-living portions of motor homes.
Repair Interval and Coverage Period
3 repair attempts or 30 calendar days out of service.
2 years or 18,000 miles.

So no, if you think it through, the lemon laws don't really cover the problems of your RV, at least not all the stuff that owners are grousing about in these forums.

Just like the recent Newmar issue regarding the front axle weights. They originally contented the rv was fit for the intended users most of whom they said pull trailers with their stuff inside. Then they offered an "upgraded" front axle as a future purchaser option and in some cases replaced for some of the customers, who helped uncover the issue...All staying within any lemon laws.

And as I understand it, the court cases have not usually favored the buyers. However, your attorney will get paid regardless.

The key to the lemon laws, as I understand it, is being able to rescind/revoke your contract if not capable of being fixed within something like 30 days.

The mfg are expert at just staying inside the limitations and dragging owners along. These are minor issues for Freight liner, Ford, and Cummins as they have the quality controls in place and the volumes.

The mfg is really for the most part a converter and all the warranties and lemon laws are limited and specific to the original mfg.
Thanks for posting that info.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #14

I have no idea how good the customer service is ....yet. But I have several issues with my new Alante so will be taking it in to the dealer soon. Most of the issues are small and cosmetic so should not be an issue. The others are bad caulking causing a leak, no major damage but needs some floor trim replaced. Other stuff is bad wiring and a switch not connected. Not to happy with Jayco's QC so far. My dealer has made an apt and seems interested in getting the issues resolved

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
I have no idea how good the customer service is ....yet..

My dealer has made an apt and seems interested in getting the issues resolved
If they communicate everything properly to JAYCO you should not have any issues.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If they communicate everything properly to JAYCO you should not have any issues.
We will see, I bought the rig from CW and I know the service manager at the local center.

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'
Old 01-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #17

Have been in touch with Jayco, I will be bringing the coach to the Factory for all the repair and upgraded door. should hear this week as to the schedule of when it can be serviced. I was told it will take no longer than 3 weeks to complete all the work, most likely less time but to allow for unforeseen circumstance and parts that may need to be ordered. Jayco will pay for all the travel expenses to and from the factory from NJ.

Will keep you posted.
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #18

AWESOME!!, that is the way customer service is supposed to be.

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'
Old 01-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
AWESOME!!, that is the way customer service is supposed to be.
That's the way it normally works as long as the dealer handles it properly. The only thing about going to the factory is it usually takes a while to get it scheduled.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's the way it normally works as long as the dealer handles it properly. The only thing about going to the factory is it usually takes a while to get it scheduled.
Not to mention that i live in California and a Factory trip would be a bit of an undertaking.

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'