Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2022, 06:02 AM   #1

Dash Radio 2022 34G

My dash radio unit (Sony AX 3000) is blank. It worked when we moved our MH we opened the slides so the wife could clean ran the Gen for AC shut down AC shut down the Gen close the slides, went to put it back in its spot and there was nothing on the screen with engine running or not. I check the fuse under the bed that was labeled radio ect and also on the back of the unit all good i need to check the Ext radio to see if it works or not. Iam i missing a Fuse somewhere. If i can't find it guess when it goes to the dealer next week to fix the other 24 problem from PDI and the last two outing will add one more. Guess we won't see our MH till after the new year.
2022 36K7 GT 7 Georgetown
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Tony p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #2

Wow, this already is getting off to a bad start, I hope you get it taking care of soon and maybe, just maybe I will get it back and be able to go out camping at least one time.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:58 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Tony, did you try to turn it on with the little button on the top left corner? The radio doesn't come on automatically if its off. Also I believe there is a fuse either under the dash or near the battery for the radio, maybe check those if interested.

We're in Ft. White, who's your dealer? CW in Lake City?
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:02 AM   #4

Michael
Thanks for your input on this matter. I didn't find any other fuses then the 2 in my 1st post, the only other fuse i seen was the fuse box by the driver it a run/acc radio feed to body builder? My outside radio works. My MH went to the dealer yesterday for warranty work i had an appointment for other work anyways what is 1 more thing. My dealer is RV One Gainsville in Alachua on 441, that is where we purchased it from in November 2021.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 10-11-2022, 12:26 PM   #5

Tony, have you gotten your MH back from the warranty work yet? If so, did they determine what was wrong with your Sony infotainment unit? One thing that bothers me is that the unit is on ALL THE TIME in our unit when the main power is on. I'm worried that the screen will get burned out or suffer from burn-in for all the on-screen items that don't change. So if there is a way to turn on/off the unit manually, I'd like to know!
LakeKlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
You should be able to hold down the home button in the upper left corner and turn it off.... I do it to mine all the time. it will still draw some battery to keep the memory, etc... but the screen will be off.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:59 AM   #7

No Mike (LakeKlair) it's still at the dealership one month. There said that they would call me yesterday 10/11/22 with the update on the repairs but i didn't hold my breath. Its time i go higher than the dealer to get things repaired i have own this MH 11 months and they haven't fixed the stuff from the PDI yet. I will keep you updated on the radio when i get something new.

Foretm What dealership do you use for repairs on your MH. Our home base is only a few miles from each other.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 10-12-2022, 06:39 AM   #8

Hi Tony.

I do have the same dealer but in Orlando,FL (RV One). I've taken my rig twice to them for warranty fixes and I was called yesterday that they finally got the arms for the owning (mines are not working properly).

I don't have major issues at the moment... minor things.. like the Electric Tower Receptacle in the Kitchen not latching properly and the wind noise coming from the passenger side window that is driving my crazy.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #9

RV One! Worst possible dealer around. In the first year they had our 36U for nearly 6 months.one lame excuse after another. Surely ruined a year of possible enjoyment. Finally got it back and half of the squaks were not fixed. Never again said I, took it upon myself to get it all right. Needless to say I now consider myself an expert on the 36U. All great now.
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKlair View Post
Tony, have you gotten your MH back from the warranty work yet? If so, did they determine what was wrong with your Sony infotainment unit? One thing that bothers me is that the unit is on ALL THE TIME in our unit when the main power is on. I'm worried that the screen will get burned out or suffer from burn-in for all the on-screen items that don't change. So if there is a way to turn on/off the unit manually, I'd like to know!
I don't have the button mentioned by Foretm in the Alante 31v but my AX3000 has a remote and on the remote you can turn the monitor off

Regards,

John
Attached Thumbnails
Remote.JPG  
2019 Chevrolet Silverado
2017 Grand Design 2150RB (Traded in)
2016 GMC Canyon (Traded in)
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #11

Embeleco
There is a fix for you window noise you need to seal the non-movable window at the gasket and the window vertically part, just get a compatible seal with the gasket. I did talk with a glass installer first I had both windows making noise and was ready to jump out of one of them when going down the road we were on a 3-month trip that we took this year and the only trip. It does work no more noise going down the road.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 10-13-2022, 06:47 AM   #12

John K
I have that same remote and tried that still no screen. The dealer said they think that there is a fuse in the batteries/ LP tank compartment. It's in their hands, to fix or replace the whole thing.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 10-13-2022, 12:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
You should be able to hold down the home button in the upper left corner and turn it off
I finally got back in the unit to try that. It did not work for me on our '23 Precept 34G. However, I did find that by hitting the "OPTIONS" button, there is a little icon that looks like a screen with a line through it. Tapping that icon turned the screen off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
I don't have the button mentioned by Foretm in the Alante 31v but my AX3000 has a remote and on the remote you can turn the monitor off
Thanks, John. I totally forgot about the remote since it was stored away from our PDI. So thanks for reminding me that 1.) there is a remote, and 2.) that it has a "Monitor Off" button. Both that and the icon I mentioned above work for turning the screen off.

Tony, good luck getting your radio sorted out! If you are getting no screen, lights, or beeps of any kind from your radio, then I would put my money on a bad fuse/wire somewhere. If the radio button lights come on, but no screen, I would put my money on needing a new radio.
LakeKlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony p View Post
Embeleco
There is a fix for you window noise you need to seal the non-movable window at the gasket and the window vertically part, just get a compatible seal with the gasket. I did talk with a glass installer first I had both windows making noise and was ready to jump out of one of them when going down the road we were on a 3-month trip that we took this year and the only trip. It does work no more noise going down the road.
Thanks Tony. Which seal you ended using?
Old 10-14-2022, 04:16 AM   #15

enbeleco
I don't have me MH and that is where the tube is. I do know it is made by Permatex I think it Ultra black gasket maker; I asked the glass man that I wanted something that if i needed to take back off that the rubber seal would be ok. I do know you have to look really close to see it in place. You only use a little the tube will last a lifetime. Sorry i can't give you more info than that.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 10-27-2022, 06:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKlair View Post
Maybe this has been responded to already, but on our '22 Precept 31UL we have a remote for the front Sony unit, which has a "monitor off" button to shut down the screen.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony p View Post
Embeleco
Our Precept has wind noise when either the passenger or driver's side window is closed and latched. If windlow is unlatched (even partly latched) but still closed, the whistle goes away.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote