Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2021, 07:49 AM   #1

Dim headlights on 31p 2018 alante

I want to replace halogen with led on headlights
What is the led bulb number
Cbdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #2

Dim lights - check this

I have a 2018 Alante 31R - has the same front cap as yours.

Our headlights were terrible, and I am/was looking for replacement bulbs. Last month while servicing the chassis, I noticed the top bolt on the headlight housing was loose - so much so that the light was severely misaligned. Upon retightening the bolt and adjusting the light, our illumination was highly improved.

I am still considering a replacing the lamps, but fixing the aim made a huge difference.

If you do replace the bulbs, please post which lamp you used and your take on the upgrade. Good luck.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:32 PM   #3

I have a 2018 Alante 31R and have the same issue. I see a solution has not been posted yet. Mine are very dim and dangerous to drive at night. I did check for loose bulbs and all are tight. Almost looks like low voltage. If anybody has upgraded bulbs please post. Thanks all.
comgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:22 PM   #4

I ordered a set of aftermarket LED replacement bulbs, and will install them next week. I'll update with results.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:34 AM   #5

Beamtech is a great led bulb that I have put in three vehicles!
Old 01-30-2023, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by comgear View Post
I have a 2018 Alante 31R and have the same issue. I see a solution has not been posted yet. Mine are very dim and dangerous to drive at night. I did check for loose bulbs and all are tight. Almost looks like low voltage. If anybody has upgraded bulbs please post. Thanks all.
The first generation SENECA's had a headlight issue that was attributed to the ground wire that GM used being too small. I wonder if Jayco is doing the same thing when wiring the headlights on the Class "A"'s?
Old 02-07-2023, 07:49 PM   #7

Update: I replaced the 2018 Alante 31R factory bulbs with Sealight S6 H11/H9/H8 LED bulbs and H11 9005 LED bulbs (from Amazon) with very favorable results. Also, after installing the the bulbs, I realigned the lights.

The difference was night and day! (Yeah, I said that.)

Big improvement, due mostly to brighter light, but the realignment was needed to. Perhaps the halogen bulbs were tired after four years, but I don't remember the night visibility ever being as good as it is now.

By the way, I figured that the headlight assemblies are derived from a 2008-2015 Chevrolet Silverado. This is good to know if you are looking to replace the housings or want to identify compatible bulbs.