Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #1

Dish tailgater

How do you hook up dish tailgater in a jayco precept prestige 36 u.
Robert Marcellaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
CAG

I cannot tell you about your specific unit but I can tell you that if there are splitters in the coax runs (there will be if you have more than one TV) you will have to do some rewiring.

In my case I emailed Jayco and they sent me via email schematics for electrical and coax wiring along with a page on how to reconnect for the Tailgator.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #3

On my travel trailers I installed a connector with 2 maie ends thru the wall. Then took a rg6 cable from the inside male connector and ran it to where the receiver would be. Then ran a HDMI cable from the television to where the receiver will be. So when you bring in the reciever in you hook up the HDMI cable to the reciever and also the RG6 cable to the receiver. Then you take the rg6 cable from the tailgater to the connector on the outside of the trailer that you installed.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Robert,

You will want to check the wet bay and look to make sure you have two coax connections. One should be for cable and one for SAT. On my Jayco, SAT is on top. That's where you hook the tailgator. On the inside, and this is where it gets tricky since each floorplan is a bit different, find the "main" TV and nearby that TV should be a coax plate with the OTA (Over the Air) Antena booster switch. Wherever that is, you will likely see another plate that says roof Sat with two connections. In this location, look for a single coax cable not attached to anything. I could be behind a false wall, behind those faceplates I mentioned. That will likely be the SAT from the wetbay. You will want to hook that to the Dish receiver inside.

Jayco assumes that the dealer will install most sat setups and even then they will likely use the rooftop connections, so the wet bay connection is buried and you have to find it. What may help is to contact Jayco motorized and ask them for the Sat/cable wiring diagrams. You will need your VIN number. This could help you identify that cable based on the color. I've attached my wiring diagram, but different model and floorplan, so not going to help you, but you can see how they match up locations and wire colors, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Signal Cable Schematic.pdf (177.7 KB, 6 views)
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote