Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #1

Dish TV

I have the Dish Playmaker - I can hook it up straight to the ourside TV and it will work. I have not been able to get the inside TV to work when I hook the Dish cable up to the outside SAT port. Also, my bedroom TV will not PU with the roof antena even though it was working when we first got the MH. We have a Precept 29V, 2018. Any suggestions?
Jan.Bittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

I had similar problems. The outside SAT connector in the water bay never worked. The CABLE input did work. I ended up drilling a hole through the floor of the slide out and installed a cable connector plate (Home Depot). Connection is from DISH SATELLITE through RG6 cable to the installed connector. Other side of the connector goes through RG6 to the WALLY input. WALLY output goes to one of the 4 inputs to the 4X4 SWITCH MATRIX. Output of MATRIX goes to one of the TVs hooked up. TV has a few HDMI inputs. My INSIGNIA TV remote will choose any of several inputs. You can pick and choose names and inputs from the TV menu screen.

Another problem is the WALLY RG6 cable should be about 25 feet max length.

After all the connection any of my 3 TVs will view either Satellite, Cable, Antenna, or BLUERAY/DVD.

PATIENTS GRASSHOPPER

longleen
Dish Wally
longleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #3

Our SAT cable from the utility bay outside was behind the plate with the little green light. I took the plate off and fished out a black coax cable with a coax connector and that was indeed the cable from the SAT connection.
Bob Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #4

Most mobile satellites have in their manual the required setup/bypass diagram necessary to view through your RVs installed system. Most will require yhe operator to remove existing connections and install a "jumper" or the sat cable to the back of the striker plate connections. That being said I too have slipped the coaxial cable thru and connected directly to the converter box. When done this way I can view Dish, Cable, TV, and cast Netflix via Chrome. Just a matter of selecting the input from the televisions menu.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
CAG

Schematics For Dish Tailgater

I called Jayco and they sent me this for the Greyhawk. Yours may be different so you should give then a call.

The site for my previous RV had a section with information such as this in various files that could be accessed by RV owners. One thing that it does is help with the repeat post for information as new people join. They can be referred to the section where all of this material is stored. I don't know who monitors the Jayco site but whomever it is, I suggest that something like that be started here. It is a great resource.

Then after I posted this I see there is a "manuals" section. I added this information in the Misc section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tailgater Sat Hook up.1.pdf (275.1 KB, 30 views)
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #6

Make sure all of the coax connectors are good. On my 2015 Precept I had to replace all of the connectors at all cable ends. They either had bad grounds or the center wire was too short and would not make a good connection at the threaded connector. So I went out and bought coax compression connectors and fixed all of my problems. Your system should still be under warranty.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote