Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2021, 10:53 AM   #21

When we ordered, we had to choose between 'Vintage Washed Grey' and 'Modern Farmhouse "Microfiber" '. We compared the two in trailers on the lot and the 'Vintage Washed Grey' was kind of a weird color that didn't blend as well with the walls and other surfaces. We went with Farmhouse.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #22

Looking at Precept modern farm house 360 degree view. Why the white cabinetry is not a clean white color? It looks like lot of grey area on it, just not clean. e.g., cabinets above theatre seats and many others. Is that a photo taking issue?

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...-precept/31ul/

Could anyone post some sharp pictures of Precept modern farm house interior?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #23

In my opinion, none of the pictures in the online brochures or photos on RV Trader do justice on the actual interior colors (white or grey, or even the color of the chairs). When we looked at the actual trailer, it wasn't that bad. The white of the Farmhouse is more of a silky brushed white (microfiber?).
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
Looking at Precept modern farm house 360 degree view. Why the white cabinetry is not a clean white color? It looks like lot of grey area on it, just not clean. e.g., cabinets above theatre seats and others. Is that a photo taking issue?

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...-precept/31ul/

Could anyone post some sharp pictures of Precept modern farm house interior?
Mine doesn’t look as gray as that (different model). The base color of the cabinets is the antique white and then they spray a grayish-turquoisish color over that, and then wipe it back off, it stays in the corners and crevices of the wood giving it the antique look. So no interior will be exactly like another.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021JayFlight28BHS View Post
Mine doesn’t look as gray as that (different model). The base color of the cabinets is the antique white and then they spray a grayish-turquoisish color over that, and then wipe it back off, it stays in the corners and crevices of the wood giving it the antique look. So no interior will be exactly like another.
I see. That is why it is not a solid color and grey is not evenly distributed. If it is a solid white color, it would look nicer and cleaner. IMO. In this case, can not tell if it is something to be cleaned or it is paint.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:13 PM   #26

Yes.

I especially like it more than "80s RV brown".
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:45 AM   #27

Quote:
I see. That is why it is not a solid color and grey is not evenly distributed. If it is a solid white color, it would look nicer and cleaner. IMO. In this case, can not tell if it is something to be cleaned or it is paint.
Not sure why you're so negative on everything. The options, colors, etc is what Jayco has.... if you don't like it.... don't buy it. It's really not a debatable.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:06 AM   #28

Quote:
It is certainly OK to not like a decorating style. But, if you "can not tell if it is something to be cleaned or it is paint" then one of the following is the case:

1) You have poor eyesight
2) You are prone to hyperbole as a communication style
3) You are purposefully being antagonizing
4) This fourth possibility is not so nice.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #29

We really like it in our North Point. Our faucets are brushed nickle and the pulls are black. The interior is actually a mix of the whiteish antiqued and dark brown, almost black and contrasts well. The effect gives the interior an open, bright, airy feel.
When the wife first saw it, it was a no brainer.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
Not sure why you're so negative on everything. The options, colors, etc is what Jayco has.... if you don't like it.... don't buy it. It's really not a debatable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
It is certainly OK to not like a decorating style. But, if you "can not tell if it is something to be cleaned or it is paint" then one of the following is the case:

1) You have poor eyesight
2) You are prone to hyperbole as a communication style
3) You are purposefully being antagonizing
4) This fourth possibility is not so nice.
Geez, Brightsky acknowledged this was his opinion and explained why he doesn’t like it. You obviously do and you are entitled to your opinion too, but no need to get personal about it. Believe me, if enough folks feel like Brightsky, Jayco will dump that four-wheeled-fake-farmhouse motif in a heartbeat. Enjoy it while it lasts.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Geez, Brightsky acknowledged this was his opinion and explained why he doesn’t like it. You obviously do and you are entitled to your opinion too, but no need to get personal about it. Believe me, if enough folks feel like Brightsky, Jayco will dump that four-wheeled-fake-farmhouse motif in a heartbeat. Enjoy it while it lasts.
, strong feelings.

I can take it or leave it.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #32

We ordered our 319 with it. We like the antique look it has. I think Jayco did a great job mixing the dark wood tones in on the trim. On the other hand other manufacturers all white interiors look kind of stark and like I'm in a hospital. Guess its just how they pull the design off.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #33

Interesting! I was just looking at a lot of online pictures of fifth wheel models, trying to pick out our next trailer, and was amazed at all the "modern farmhouse" versions currently for sale. They're actually very easy to spot as every picture looks as if it was taken by a black-and-white camera. The only way you could tell they weren't was when the occassional sticker, tag, or greenery outside the windows popped in to add a little color to the picture. BORING! Why would anyone want to live in a black-and-white environment when you can have Technicolor? Seriously though, to each his own... personally I'll take beautifully grained and stained wood over white paint any ol' day. Get what you like best and be happy.

weezer (retired - yippeeee - engineer)
Wife (Lisa) and 3 great dogs!!!
2018 Ford F350 Lariat diesel 4X4 DRW CC LB with all options and air overloads
2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS - loaded with options
Ford (Reese) puck mounted 18k hitch
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #34

^^^What he said. We are about to take delivery of a Grayhawk 30z with the dark cabinets. The only 30z we looked at had the farmhouse interior and my wife and I hated the fake "worn" edges to the cabinet doors/drawers. But I'm clearly in the minority since 80% of the Grayhawks are the FH interior, that's what's selling.
NYCANCamper is offline   Reply With Quote