Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #1

Double bunk bed in a Class A

I currently have a 32tsbh with 3 kids and a baby. I currently tow it with an f350 and have the 6 passenger setup. I’m looking to trade the trailer for a class A to make traveling a little easier and also there is the possibility that we have a 5th child. Once that happens I won’t be able to tow the trailer and bring all the kids which doesn’t work.

I would like to get a class A that would have 2 sets of bunks. I figure that kids could be in the bunks and potentially a 5th in the cab bunk. Does anyone make such an RV. Also if there are any other ideas out there I’m open to it.

Thanks
joe39562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #2

I do not know of any bunkhouse Class A that has 4 bunks. You can get, from all the major manufacturers, bunkhouse A's that have the two bunks, and an overhead bunk that sleeps two. That still leaves you with the rear queen or king for yourself, and a dinette and sofa that you don't have to make into beds unless you have extra guests.

There are various Class C's that do the same also.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM   #3

Forest River, a decade or so ago, had a 4 bunk Class C that was pretty neat. I almost bought a used one in 2010.

Coachmen has a unique bunk Class C that drops out over the couch and dinette on the driver's side. Can't remember the model number.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #4

Looks like your not the first one thats needed more room. I’ve got to hand it to you, we only had two and that was a challenge. We had a station wagon and a tent and could only dream of a small trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
79B34FAA-714D-4087-8C8C-B0A08B99D915.jpg  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:21 PM   #5

I am pulling the trigger on a 2018 36T. It has bunks and 2 convertible beds, AND an optional overcab. You might want to look at those. The 36T has gone away for '19 but there are a few '18s away. The 36A looks pretty sweet too, but I like the price point on the '18s they are trying to clearance.
kckohlhaas is offline   Reply With Quote