Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #1

Question Drawers popping open fix ??

My drawers on my 2019 Entegra Odyssey 24B keeps opening while traveling down the road . Is there any fix for that that anybody has done ??
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #2

Could try a small piece of velcro, one piece on the drawer, the other on the cabinet. Don't make it too big or you'll have trouble getting it open..
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #3

Hmmm... this seems unusual. Have you talked to your dealer? Maybe the latching/tensioning is not correct.

Drawers in our TT have a definite spring tension feel when they are closed all the way.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #4

Childproof drawer latches?

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

We just came back from our "maiden voyage" with our new 24B and having the same issues, specially with the larger drawers. I even added a second friction catch to the larger drawer, but it still pops open. I adjusted the latches on the other drawers, but it didn't help.

The drawer tracks Jayco used aren't the correct application, since they don't lock in the closed position. Wifey is constantly getting up to re-close the drawers after taking a corner or hitting a bump. Plus, it scares the crap out of the dog when they slam open during transit.

It's a big issue, and a call to Jayco is on my list. There has to be a bunch of other complaints... I wonder if they changed drawer tracks on the 2019s??

I don't want to have to add some sort of external lock to keep them closed, that would look crappy on a brand new unit. Maybe those child guard latches might be a winner, but the drawer will still open partially, just not slam open...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #6

use a bunge cord, cheap and works good
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #7

child locks

Has anybody used these child locks ? Are they the right depth and do they work ?
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 AM   #8
Site Team

I tried 2 or 3 different drawer locks which either broke or just did not work. I am lucky as our sink is on the back side of the big drawers. I purchased a couple long "eye-bolts" with nuts and washers. I drilled a hole in the back of the drawers, mounted the eye-bolts on the back side of them. I cut openings in the wall of the under-sink area so that the eye-bolts could go through when the drawers are closed. I cut some wooden dowel rods, tied some string to an end, closed the drawers and slid the dowel rods through the eye-bolts. Works perfectly, drawers stay closed, DW and drawers are happy campers.
Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Attached Thumbnails
DRAWER - Eye Bolt Locks - Drawer.jpg   DRAWER - Eye Bolt Locks.jpg  
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #9

We had this style on our old Winnebago and in the 12 years we had it we never had a drawer come open on its our. I will be adding several of these to our Seneca.

https://www.amazon.com/Grabber-OWACH...07575386&psc=1

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #10

[QUOTE=Rustynuts;752669]We had this style on our old Winnebago and in the 12 years we had it we never had a drawer come open on its our. I will be adding several of these to our Seneca.

Rustynuts
Have you installed these yet? If so which ones did you use and do you put one per drawer or two
Thanks
Opa
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #11

I havent taken the time to install any but need to on the 4 bathroom drawers as the once built into the drawer slide have already failed. The ones I used before are the Spoutco SC-4320 Grabber Catch, 10lb pull force. I have always just used one per drawer unless it is something heavy like a pots and pans drawer then I put two. I just ordered them from Amazon.....thanks for the reminder

https://www.southco.com/en-us/c3/c3-810

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:44 PM   #12

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I was working yesterday on dealing with a couple Precept kitchen drawers that kept opening on us.
The latches installed on the underside of the drawers
(like these) https://tweetys.com/catch-double-roller-ea.aspx
were improperly installed and did not line up correctly.
I realigned them and added a second set of the same type of latch on each of the two offending drawers as they hold fairly heavy silverware and utensils.
I doubt they will cause further trouble and I have a couple spare latches should they be needed for other misbehaving drawers.

I would advise laying down, flashlight in hand, and checking whether the latches under the drawers line up properly if you have this issue.
Easy to see and quite easy to address with a drill and a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #13

When I bought my camper the previous owner had installed right angle hooks above each drawer. Before we take off I just turn it 90 degrees down and it holds the drawer in. When I get to the destination I turn it back. To me it seems like a pretty simple solution to the drawer problem.
GuanoJuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #14

West Marine door locks.

We have one door that my wife loaded up with heavy pots and pans on our 34G that sometimes opens when we’re driving. West marine showrooms have a nice selection of simple rotating door locks that I think will work well. It’s on my list of things to do.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #15

We have this issue on our new 31F. I noticed that the latches to keep the drawers closed don’t fit right. Since the fixed side is as far forward as it can be on all of them, I’m going to take off the part on the drawer and put some shims behind it and see if that helps.
Rvmama42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #16

We have a 2016 Precept and had this problem. We called Jayco and they sent us a heavier duty latch which has worked almost perfectly
J-Peg is offline   Reply With Quote